Accubond BCs. Are they overstated?

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I'm looking for opinions and experience with accubonds. They group well in my rifle. I'm finding they don't hold up velocity though. Is anyone else experiencing this? The G1 for the 6.5 140 accubond is .509 yet it behaves more like it's in the mid .4s. I would appreciate your perspective.

Thanks in advance --

AC300win

FNG
Short answer is generally yes. I’ve had much better results using G7 BC with accubonds. What is most relevant is field validation of your drops and adjusting BC/velocity for your selected bullet and load combination.

Last edited:

Article 4

WKR
Been using the ablr bullet since doing some of the first field tests in 2012. Still running the 210 in my 30 cal magnum hunting rifles.

I always verify my data in the field at multiple ranges. usually 500 then 750 and then as far as will allow at perhaps 950. I have found at higher velocities, the BC is good out to about 600 and then requires small adjustments in elevation to validate.

That said. It has been rare that in any rifle, with any bullet, I have not had small validation adjustments at longer ranges. Frankly it should be expected. Usually due to environment but cannot rule out stated BC either.

Moral of the story. Your rifle and load are always going to act differently than their published BC data. Always validate.

Last edited: