Adak Bino Harness

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the adak bino harness for awhile now and running marsupial before that. For those thinking about buying either one but want more information. I can answer any questions and send any pictures you might want to see. I've been able to compare the two side by side and hunt with both. This is not an add I am not selling either one just offering some information if needed!

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
What are your thoughts on both? I run an AGK and would be curious how quiet these are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
What are your thoughts on both? I run an AGK and would be curious how quiet these are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both are very compact and fit snug to the body which I like. Very form fitting perfect for bowhunting. The Marsupial has magnets and can be loud if not careful. The rangefinder pouch is significantly more of a problem then the main compartment. The material can also be alittle loud if anything scrapes against it. The adak is dead quiet and alot lighter. Both open up with one handed operation. I am very impressed with the adak. I wasn't sure at first but am sold. The only down side to the adak if there is literally no room for anything else those front two pockets are super small while the Marsupial has more options. But from what I'm hearing Adak is coming out with accessories that attach to either side which is why I'm staying with that harness. The adak also comes in one size at the moment while Marsupial has 3 sizes.

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Both are very compact and fit snug to the body which I like. Very form fitting perfect for bowhunting. The Marsupial has magnets and can be loud if not careful. The rangefinder pouch is significantly more of a problem then the main compartment. The material can also be alittle loud if anything scrapes against it. The adak is dead quiet and alot lighter. Both open up with one handed operation. I am very impressed with the adak. I wasn't sure at first but am sold. The only down side to the adak if there is literally no room for anything else those front two pockets are super small while the Marsupial has more options. But from what I'm hearing Adak is coming out with accessories that attach to either side which is why I'm staying with that harness. The adak also comes in one size at the moment while Marsupial has 3 sizes.
I wasn't sure how it would work with the adak I've never seen a design like this. It opens and closes very easy and stays open or closed. You can adjust tension. It just straight works! I ran the Marsupial and loved it as well just not as much. I loved how my Nock 2 it fit in the front little pocket. Wind in the left. I didn't run there rangefinder pouch its alittle bit of a pain attaching rangefinder pouch to it compared to adak. The main compartment will go down without making much sound. It a definite second place for me.

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Would 8x10 razors swim in the adak?
Any way to have a lense pen and tripod adapter post in the adak pockets?
Thanks
The 8x10 would definitely fit. Lense pen and tripod adapter would depend on the type but I would say yes.

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for the Adak, love mine. I view it as an improved Marsupial and far less bulky than the AGC's
Yes exactly my opinion. I can't wait untill they come out with other accessories for the other side of the Harness.

jd30069

FNG
ha.. should have read this a few days ago.. just sent back an AGC CUB MAX and ordered ADAK with Rangefinder pouch - need to fit 10x50 - Should be hereby the weekend..

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
ha.. should have read this a few days ago.. just sent back an AGC CUB MAX and ordered ADAK with Rangefinder pouch - need to fit 10x50 - Should be hereby the weekend..
They should definitely fit those. Enjoy man.

Oregonboy

WKR
Damn you guys are making me re-think my Cub Max AGC. I do feel like the AGC is a bit boxy, I wonder how much smaller the Adak system is? My only concern with the Adak is that I didn't want to run my rangerfinder in a separate carrier than my binos, then it feels like I have 2 things strapped to my chest, rather than just one, which feels bulky to me.

If you run the Adak Bino harness, where are you putting the rangefinder?

jd30069

FNG
Damn you guys are making me re-think my Cub Max AGC. I do feel like the AGC is a bit boxy, I wonder how much smaller the Adak system is? My only concern with the Adak is that I didn't want to run my rangerfinder in a separate carrier than my binos, then it feels like I have 2 things strapped to my chest, rather than just one, which feels bulky to me.

They have a second case that attaches to harness. I just didn’t like the feel of it.. to tight for binoculars (10X50). Probably just me... but sent it back

I picked one up earlier this season.Being right handed I kept the rangefinder pouch on the right side of the harness. I can't speak on how smaller it is than an AGC harness as I have not owned one. Coming from the Marsupial gear bino harness I wish the Adak had a pocket on the back for tags/a scalpel style replaceable blade knife. Other than that I find it to be an improvement for my style of hunting. It is quieter when rubbing against brush, you don't have to worry about being careful closing the harness (no magnets) and they are fully enclosed protecting your optics better.

CB4

WKR
Their website say up to small bodied 10x50. I have Maven 12x50. Anyone know if they will fit?

They have a sale going on these on Camofire today for $99 if anyone is interested. They usually go for $150
I just ordered one to try out.