Affordable Camo options

Fatcamp

WKR
Great point on camofire I’ll be sure to double check things I find on there. As for the pants, spot and stalk archery hunting on Arizona Coues deer is extremely tough and I think the full Camo head to toe is definitely necessary. When the deer catches you putting your rangefinder down out of the corner of his eye I don’t know if solid color pants will cut it for the 5 minute stare down before he decides “eh that was probably nothing” and goes back to whatever he was doing. I could be wrong but I’d hate to chance it.
Spot and stalk archery is probably camo appropriate. I still use solid pants, though.

Hoodie

WKR
If you´re a rifle guy I wouldn´t even worry about camo.

If you´ŕe a bow guy and camo is critical for you, I´d consider looking at mountaineering brand clothing like guys have mentioned here, and just buying something like an ASAT leafy top to throw over whatever you´ve got on. That way you only have to buy one item of camo.

The difference in price of the top tier hunting clothing brands and some of the best mountaineering stuff is often substantial. Especially if you get last year´s colors on sale. For whatever reason it seems like earth tone stuff is always getting discontinued. Lots of hikers dig the neon stuff I guess.

Some good sites for that are steepandcheap.com and moosejaw.com.

Everybody´s already mentioned it but those Wrangler pants are sweet. I bought five pairs of them because I was worried they´d stop selling them. That cost less than one pair of Sitka Ascent pants. They don´t last as long as high end hunting pants but at $25, who cares? I´ve gotten a year of pretty hard use out of mine. That is enough for me.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
Try the Wrangler Hiking pants. A regular pair and a fleece lined pair and less than 50 bucks combined. For a puffy, go to Sams or Costco. An Eddie Bauer from Sams was about 25.00 last year and is plenty warm under a shell.
Where are you finding the fleece lined for sale? I can’t find them in stock. I have the regular ones and love them but paid like 40 something for them off the wrangler site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw some at a Wal Mart here less than two weeks ago for less than 30 bucks. Was looking for some for my son in law, but he’s 6’4” and they didn’t have any in a Gigantor inseam.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
Something about wearing solids throws me off a whole lot but maybe I’m overthinking it. Have you noticed much difference?
I thought the same thing.
After two seasons and killing just as many critters, it actually feels weird to me when I do wear camo (not very often). I hunt places where you’re lucky to get more than a 50 yard shot, even with a rifle.

barrister

WKR
I have some cheaper stuff that has beat out the expensive stuff. I run it with my FirstLite and Kuiu items.

I have a Natural Gear iron fleece jacket and vest. They are great. I tried Kuiu and First Lite softshells and ended up favoring the Natural Gear. Way more windproof and quiet. I think it’s a good camo pattern. There are pants in the same material, but I didn’t get them due to inseam length and a zipper that would keep me from altering them shorter.

I also have some very good Rocky brand clothing. I’m not sure about current options, but I have some of their Athletic Mobility line from a few year back. There are some good jackets and lightweight insulation pieces I use. I also use their insulated bibs for really cold tree stand hunting.

Michael54

WKR
Something about wearing solids throws me off a whole lot but maybe I’m overthinking it. Have you noticed much difference?
Honestly I haven't killed more or less. My biggest buck was 40 yards with a crossbow in a navy blue hoodie. I've found they are more likely to smell or hear you before they see you. Hunting the wind and slowing way down when moving makes a lot more difference than what you have on.

Michael54

WKR
If you are spot and stalk bow hunting it may make a difference but i've never done it. I messed up my shoulder in high school and can't draw a bow.

Watch Camofire and the classifieds here. Someone else mentioned Costco, they had a down puffy when I was there a couple weeks ago for $50. I’m a Camofire fan I’ve gotten a few pairs of Sitka pants and some kryptek as well it’s all been good.

jpitt777

FNG
Kings Camo bundles are really reasonable and Kings runs discounts on top of the reduced bundle price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk