AGC vs FHF vs Marsupial.

Daniel_M

WKR
FHF is minimalist, binos only. AGC is Binos, tags/license, rangefinders, maybe a multitool and a few bullets a lighter and a snack.

That said, I disliked the minimalist style and have been using AGC exclusively for 4 years now. I tried it, but it wasn't for me. I felt as if I was wasting real estate, so to speak.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the FHF for the last few years and my only complaint that I can think of is the side, stretchy pockets are too small for my wind checker.

That is my only complaint with my FHF. Other than that it does just what I need it to.

TheCougar

WKR
Pretty sure I'm in the minority of the minority....but.... does anyone (else) wish for a harness/pouch which is:

Just for binoculars. No additional pockets, zippers, hidey holes or attachments. Just the bare minimum of padding. Uses small webbing where possible....(who really needs 1" webbing and buckles to keep a harness secure?) Waterproof. Has quick access and a lid which basically can be made to disappear..

I guess I am one of the very few who don't carry anything of excess up front. I'm a total front-body minimalist, which is why I'm using a severely stripped and reconfigured AGC unit.

You basically just described the Kuiu harness, minus the waterproofness. The only things I don't like about my Kuiu are the side pockets are too small for single hand wind checker operation and the attachment mechanism for the binos that detaches the whole harness. A little sewing fixed that so now it is like every other harness where the shoulder straps and the bino keeps are separate

aeasley10

WKR
I love Kuiu stuff but didn't care for their harness, just not comfortable to wear for very long and hated the way it doesn't hold in place when the binos are being used.

Friend of mine has the FHF and I like it pretty well, seems well made and more comfortable the my Kuiu. I think the Marsupial is ideal for me with the low profile minimalist approach and the lid seems genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeasley10

WKR
I've been using the FHF for the last few years and my only complaint that I can think of is the side, stretchy pockets are too small for my wind checker.

Just last week Ryan gave me the Marsupial Gear bino harness and rangefinder pouch to try and do a quick video review of. I'm planning to get that video done this weekend.

Could u post a link to your review here? I'd like to see it.

Just ordered the marsupial and a rangefinder pouch. Gotta love the pricing. Already have a shipping notice. All I have ever used is an s4 lockdown and the crooked horn stuff, so I am sure this will be an improvement. I liked the s4 but as it gets older the elasticity has gone out of the bungees and the bino's tend to slip out the side. I have a range snap to hold the rangefinder, and while I like it, it just seems out of place.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Outdoor vision bino harness and really like it over others I have had. Everyone who has seen it so far has really liked it as well. I also tried there Gators and so far there very nice as well. Can beat the price either.

Pro953

WKR
How do all of these work when running with your bow. I use a S4 currently but would like to hold a few things up front vs pockets. Just do not want more to interfere with draw cycle etc...

2blade

WKR
How do all of these work when running with your bow. I use a S4 currently but would like to hold a few things up front vs pockets. Just do not want more to interfere with draw cycle etc...

I use the AGC Kiss with 8x42's. It does not get in the way of drawing a bow at all.

texag10

WKR
I use the AGC Kiss with 8x42's. It does not get in the way of drawing a bow at all.

Same, just the hybrid max version (front and bottom pockets, mesh side pockets) and it doesn't interfere with drawing or shot at all.

I did a 5 mile pack walk with it in 90* weather Sunday and was very pleased with the comfort. Did a little bit of adjusting to get it to sit in the right spot with my Seek Outside pack and still allow my to get a full breath without the straps getting too tight. I like having things close to hand, I'm still thinking of what I will do with my handheld thumb release. It fits nicely in the stretchy pockets on top but i'm not sure I trust it there. Might throw it in the rangefinder pocket if it will sit in there without making noise.