Alaska closes spring bear

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
Potentially very bad omen for the 2020 hunting season more generally, both spring and fall.

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
Why would they do this, you can’t get much more social distancing than bear hunting in Alaska
Except for the hundreds or thousands of people it bring into the state from around the world and what I assume is the requirement to check tote bears in drastically increasing the risk of exposure to your staff.

I thought this might happen. I like spring black bear in late May, hopefully this means we just have to wait till June...my huge question is are they pushing all of the spring 20 kodiaks to 21 and all of the 21s to 22? Dont think that was covered yet.

miloak

FNG
I thought this might happen. I like spring black bear in late May, hopefully this means we just have to wait till June...my huge question is are they pushing all of the spring 20 kodiaks to 21 and all of the 21s to 22? Dont think that was covered yet.
It just becomes a question of who gets screwed - this year's permit holders or those that could have drawn next year. Somebody is going to lose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
What a crock. Email and call the guy on the EO. I already emailed. I'll call tomorrow to voice my displeasure. The biggest hurdle to getting it changed is most alaskans don't hunt bears. Most of the harvest is non-resident. At least here in SE. So most residents wont care until its their sheep, goat, bou, moose, deer, etc.