Alaska closes spring bear

And I guess you’re not a grammar teacher...

Oh yes he is...along with being a social studies teacher, math teacher, and music teacher. I’m sure he’s teaching a few other things as well, but it’s late and I need to go to bed right now, so I can get up bright and early to start my school day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NUGGET

WKR
Oh yes he is...along with being a social studies teacher, math teacher, and music teacher. I’m sure he’s teaching a few other things as well, but it’s late and I need to go to bed right now, so I can get up bright and early to start my school day.
Damn be safe out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mathews52

FNG
Classified Approved
My buddy and his son just got back into Kodiak, from the field, and he texted me saying that their hunt went off without a hitch, and they killed two nice boars. Not really big at approx. 8.5', but super nice hair.
Sweet!! I just got back yesterday from my hunt on Afognak. Had a slob 9’+ boar at 76.2 yards on Monday that stayed just out of bow range. Had a gorgeous 8’ boar at 40 yards on Wednesday morning and I had just gotten my sight dialed when my buddy down the beach came walking back. We had lost visual on the bear and split up to try and find him when it became hectic and he popped up in range out of nowhere. Hunting buddy never saw it and it was just bad timing so the bear got spooked when he caught his movement coming back towards me. Could’ve shot either of them all day long with the back up rifle but I wanted the bow kill! I’ll just hope I draw again in the next 5-10 years. Those animals are pretty amazing up close and personal. Big animals!!

I will note that we did not see a ton of beach cruising on our trip. There were winter killed deer galore on that south end of Afognak so the bears had plenty of meat to gorge on. Those deer there took a major beating this winter