Alaska Draw Results - February 2021

OP
David Gough
Total DIY. Picked a spot on a map getting flown in,dropped off and hunting out of a Inflatable kayak.
I'd be very interested to see how that goes for you. We are staying at Calder Mountain Lodge this year to get our bearings. Not a rookie to bears, but I've never been to Alaska and I don't have much experience on the ocean. What type of kayak are you talking?

bushman

FNG
I'd be very interested to see how that goes for you. We are staying at Calder Mountain Lodge this year to get our bearings. Not a rookie to bears, but I've never been to Alaska and I don't have much experience on the ocean. What type of kayak are you talking?
Been going to AK since 78. First time doing a coastal bear hunt. I'm taking a advance element tandem sea kayak. Concentrating in narrow bays. Should be a hell of a trip.

OP
David Gough
Been going to AK since 78. First time doing a coastal bear hunt. I'm taking a advance element tandem sea kayak. Concentrating in narrow bays. Should be a hell of a trip.
Definitely should be. Take some pictures, I'd love to see how your experience goes.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
We are staying at Calder Mountain Lodge this year to get our bearings. Not a rookie to bears, but I've never been to Alaska and I don't have much experience on the ocean.
I'm gonna love to hear your thoughts about Calder Mountain Lodge after your hunt. It was one of the places my buddy and I were looking at if we drew.

I drew the Unimak tag, DB375 for this fall. Which is a real conundrum because I also have DB 293 for this spring on Afognak that I drew last year. I will absolutely go to Unimak if I don't see anything good on Afognak but it looks to be a real pain in the ass to get out to False Pass.

OP
David Gough
I drew the Unimak tag, DB375 for this fall. Which is a real conundrum because I also have DB 293 for this spring on Afognak that I drew last year. I will absolutely go to Unimak if I don't see anything good on Afognak but it looks to be a real pain in the ass to get out to False Pass.
Sounds like a good problem to have!