Alaska travel mandate

The rules aren’t being enforced at all. COVID is over, party on.

How are these rules being enforced?? Not saying I would do this, but what is stopping anyone from flying to AK, get off the plane and getting tested, and carrying on their way into the woods?

If i am reading it right, It says in the mandate that if you take the test when you land (opposed to doing it w/in 72 hours advance of your flight) you "self- quarantine at your own expense" until you receive a negative result AND then take ANOTHER test within 7-14 days in which you "minimize interaction" until your 2nd negative result.... I havent checked on turnaround time yet in my area to see how hard it is to get results within 72 hours. But if it is as hard as people are saying it is to get results in time, and people opt for option B to get tested when they get to AK, it really doesnt seem any different than the previous 14 day self quarantine period. I could be reading it wrong??

Well Alaska has 2 “industries” tourism and oil. Both are taking a pounding.

Actually, we have the fishing industry also. Take a look at the current numbers and you’ll see all the positive cases of fishing industry workers that have come up from the lower 48. This is just from the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure there’s a lot of different industries. Biggest are oil and tourism. Healthcare is big to, but everywhere. We better stop Pebble Mine or there might not be a fishing industry.

The virus has turned out to not be a big deal. Let’s get on with business.

Actually, we have the fishing industry also. Take a look at the current numbers and you’ll see all the positive cases of fishing industry workers that have come up from the lower 48. This is just from the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong. Alaska was one of the first states to relax restrictions and get the economic ballgame going again. If you live there you're basically free to move about and conduct business, albeit with some of the same inconvenient social rules all of us are contending with.

It seems very obvious to me that Alaska (whether we're talking 'the state' or the people) tends to view travelers into the state as a potential ongoing source of virus and therefore a threat to 'the state' and the people of Alaska. The travel-testing mandate appears to be a way to mitigate some degree of virus movement. I don't think there's a bit of doubt that the testing hurdles are seen as a way to further reduce travel voluntarily, and thereby reduce potential risk.

I'm NOT going to delve into the politics of this....period. That's nothing but a merry-go-round of blame.

Enforcement of testing and quarantine mandates is something I can't prove or disprove. I have my suspicions the state is more than willing to enforce the mandate if they are made aware of noncompliance or disregard by travelers. I personally don't intend to ignore or do an end-around regarding the state's requirements. I'll do my best to comply, even if I don't agree with it. One possibility of travelers (including sportsmen and women) not following the travel-testing mandates could be the state putting the blanket 14 day quarantine back in place, or other regulations restricting travel. None of us thinks that's likely, but then how many thought ANY of what's happened in just 4 months could have transpired?

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Heading up a week from today for a fishing trip I've had on the books for almost a year. Trying to get a test on Friday with results back by Monday when I travel so I'm good to go. If i don't get it back in time not sure what I'm going to do. Will be staying in a lodge with only 6 people plus our guide and his family. Only the 6 of us on the boat plus the guide. Low risk, but not sure what I'll be able to do if my test doesn't come back in time.

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you looking to do tests, check what has been the turnaround time. In Indiana, the turnaround time has varied depending on the demand/volume. Also check a hospital/clinic/private lab for turnaround times as they can vary by a week or so. Days of the week can make a difference due to couriers or If the lab doesn’t run tests on weekends

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
What is "quarantine at my own expense"? Everything I do in Alaska is at my own expense.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk