Albino Buck

Mossy

WKR
My dad sent me these pics a couple weeks ago from Arkansas; he did not take them.
4a1d62adc6ec11c01e54230a1388c0d4.jpg
4924ad282ed9364457c4b8c3f7e6ca68.jpg
821b944987446b304da5869abc203a33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
Really cool! I have to ask...would anyone not shoot a white deer simply because it is white? I think it is odd that in NE white deer are protected...

I have a farm that had a doe that produced several white deer. I never shot them. Had they gotten to the size of the deer above I might have. But they were all shot. One made it to a year and a half. Guys lost their minds over them, I don't get it. One was poached right off the center of my property.

But I don't believe that buck is an actual albino. The nose should be pink,as well as the hoofs.

jspradley

WKR
Really cool! I have to ask...would anyone not shoot a white deer simply because it is white? I think it is odd that in NE white deer are protected...

I would shoot it any day but a lot of people get bent out of shap about it because a lot of people are dumb.

I was looking at TN regs yesterday and albino deer are protected there too. Makes no sense to protect a genetic defect.

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
I believe we can hunt them here in MT but we cant hunt Piebald deer. If I had the chance at one that was sizable I would definitely shoot one.

manitou1

WKR
Beautiful animal. Nope, I personally would not shoot it, but that is a choice up to the individual.

This one was taken in New York State. Near but not on the Seneca Army Depot. The depot is known for having a herd of albino deer. I don’t the individual directly but a coworker does. A1BC12B7-EB6D-4E3B-8A09-EA048F89B70C.jpeg

Gumbo

WKR
I believe we can hunt them here in MT but we cant hunt Piebald deer. If I had the chance at one that was sizable I would definitely shoot one.

I just spoke to FWP about this and you are incorrect. You can shoot any deer in MT regardless of race, religion, or color provided you follow that district's/area's specific regulations. There apparently was a law on the books protecting white deer on a specific MT legislator's property in Golden Valley County but that law is no longer on the books (not sure on that law, I didn't do a real fact check).

jhm2023

WKR
I had the opportunity to hunt white deer (not albino) on Seneca Army depot. It was a decent hunt and saw several white deer but nothing within muzzleloader range. Ended up just taking some normal brown whitetails. I wouldn't mind trying to go on that hunt again.

KHNC

WKR
They are highly protected in Wisconsin as well. There is a film by Tom Indrebo, in Buffalo County, documenting the life of a white monarch buck. Some giants live there.