Albino Deer

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I'd share a picture I took. This is the only true albino I've seen. Saw a few piebald deer back in MS, but no true albino.
9da9d5a76d0ac2cc5a4bf646e9841b94.jpg
7214d4f8cc3737bfaba95650338dde05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lapuafan

FNG
Montana. Saw her last night and made me think of these photos.

Tennessee is starting to see a few albino, but which it's illegal to kill. I have killed a piebald button before.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lapuafan

FNG
Tennessee is starting to see a few albino, but which it's illegal to kill. I have killed a piebald button before.

And might I say awesome pics you have .

OP
neil.hansford

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Will be interesting to see in the coming years if any of the genes get passed down.
I've seen her the past 3 years with yearlings and they all were normal color. Don't know if that gene gets passed down, or whether it's just a mutation in her. It'd be cool to see her with a yearling of the same color.

I wonder if we don’t see this as much in blacktail for any reason other than there are less blacktail.... in all my deer surfing the web I’ve seen more strange things with whitetails, albino, piebald and melanistic coloring antlers does, there was a 6 or more legend deer I remember years back. Again probably all to do with how substantially WT outnumber BT. I have heard of a heard of piebald Blacktail in northern Ca but never seen em.

OP
neil.hansford

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
All of the piebald I've seen were whitetail, but this is a mule deer.

I’ve never seen one in person but my first trip to the mid west I saw a couple of piebald does whitetail mounted in a truck stop type place. I though they were goat hides stretched on deer forms. I asked someone then dove into the internet and became learned and curious.

And I was pretty sure that was a muley in your pics.