Alternative to Phoneskope

Anyone have any recommendations for am alternative to Phoneskope? Don't want to drop $100 on something that isn't really universal with phones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Following. Not looking to spend $$$ for a old note 9. Digiscope

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rodéo

WKR
Phoneskope didn't work for me and after reading some good reviews on the knock-off universal adapters (I think the brand name is Gosky) I decided it was worth a gamble and I'd return if it didn't work.

Turns out it works better than phoneskope did for me. Cost about $30. Search amazon for it

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
The kowa models look nice. Otter box case with different adapters for most binos/scopes.

If you're a DYI person you can try this
1st - get a phone case that you can attach Velcro to the back.
2nd- find a flat peice of plastic about 1/8" thick (I used a cheap plastic spreader/putty tool) cut to the size of your phone case and cut a hole the size of your camera lens, then attach Velcro to one side.
3rd- (this is the little more difficult part) find a peice of tubing to fit the diameter of you optics eye peice (I used a pvc fitting for one and a vitamin bottle cut down for another). Center the tubing on the hole for the camera lenses on your plastic plate and glue it on the opposite side of the Velcro.
Now you can have your phone in your pocket and when you need the adapter just put it on you optic and attach your phone with the Velcro.

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_191705468.jpg
    IMG_20200806_191705468.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 41
NovaGrade Double gripper has been my favorite of all the different adapters I've tried. The locking collet tightens up so tight you never have to worry about the adapter moving on your scope. It's a little big and heavy but I carry it everywhere.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve had the outdoorsman, phoneskope, novagrade and tinesup, my favorite is the tinesup.

IdahoHntr

WKR
Having used both the phoneskope and tinesup, I also prefer the tinesup. You can usually find it cheaper than the phoneskope and it is much more universal for both phone and optics.

Phoneskope didn't work for me and after reading some good reviews on the knock-off universal adapters (I think the brand name is Gosky) I decided it was worth a gamble and I'd return if it didn't work.

Turns out it works better than phoneskope did for me. Cost about $30. Search amazon for it

Been using the same one and a few buddies have it as well. It works quite well for $35. It probably isn't the most durable considering its plastic, but I haven't had any issues.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I run the tines up on my spotter and it is really good. all billet machined aluminum, with threaded adapters. I used to run phoneskope in the past, but the tines up is way better imo.

Dtp465

FNG
I just ordered the PhoneSkope today before reading this thread. Hopefully it works well.