SWFA 3-9 alternative

Kyle_778

FNG
Hi,

I want to buy the SWFA 3-9 but because I live in Canada, that is not possible. An alternative I looked at was the S&B 3-12x Klassik with the P3L reticle. But that has also not been possible. Could I get some recommendations for a scope with mil adjustment, FFP, mil reticle with the thick bars being less than 10 mils from center? I have been looking at the Sightron S-TAC FFP 3-16 but it only has a max FOV of 29 ft at 100 yards at 3x, which seems somewhat low compared to other scopes at 3x. What other alternatives to the SWFA 3-9 are out there?

Thanks in advance

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Kyle, if I was in your shoes and couldn't buy the SWFA I wanted I'd be looking at Trijicon, Nightforce or S&B as you mentioned. I don't know if you can source any of these easier than the ones you've mentioned.

Trijicon Trijicon Tenmile® 3-18x44 w/ MRAD precision tree reticle, FOV 35.3 ft at 100 yds at 3x
Nightforce SHV – 4-14x50mm F1 w/ MIL-R SHV F1 reticle, FOV 25.1 ft at 100 yds at 4x
Nightforce ATACR – 4-16x42mm F1 w/ MIL-R F1 reticle, FOV 26.9 ft at 100 yds at 4x

I don't like any of those reticles as much as I like my SWFA 3-9x & 6x MIL reticles. Even the 6x has a FOV of 21.98 ft at 100 yards, only a slight decrease compared to many scopes at 4x.

Welcome to Rokslide and good luck on your search for a scope.

atmat

WKR
Hi,

I want to buy the SWFA 3-9 but because I live in Canada, that is not possible. An alternative I looked at was the S&B 3-12x Klassik with the P3L reticle. But that has also not been possible. Could I get some recommendations for a scope with mil adjustment, FFP, mil reticle with the thick bars being less than 10 mils from center? I have been looking at the Sightron S-TAC FFP 3-16 but it only has a max FOV of 29 ft at 100 yards at 3x, which seems somewhat low compared to other scopes at 3x. What other alternatives to the SWFA 3-9 are out there?

Thanks in advance
I know nothing about shipping to Canada. But have you tried Optics Trade EU for the S&B? They seem to ship everywhere in the world.

I have the new SB 3-12x42 with P3L and it’s fantastic.