Ammo shortage

Cast and powdercoat my own 9MM and have a lee loadmaster. I would recommend one to anyone who shoots a lot.

Beendare

WKR
Just be glad you guys aren't in CA. You can order from the online outfits that will ship to your house....CA outlawed that a couple years ago.

Thankfully I found an FFL here in CA that will order me ammo at a small markup, pre-fill all of the additional paperwork the state requires and just pay him when I pick it up- assuming its a decent size order.

So there ARE outfits in CA that get it.

___

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Prices are OUTRAGEOUS though. I saw 9mm Federal FMJ, 50 round boxes going for $25 the other day.....when just 5 months ago they were $9/box. Unbelievable. But I guess that's supply & demand.

That's nothing, in 2013 9mm was going for $.70/round in my neck of the woods.......$700/case, and .223/5.56 was going for $800/case. And I was selling all I had back then, just as I'll do this time around if it gets that high. $500/case.....mmmmm......I'm still holding.

fwafwow

WKR
I like ammoseek.com

+50 for ammoseek.com. I used it during March and April to buy loads of 9mm, 5.56 and 300BLK. You can set up searches and will get a text and/or email when what you are after is for sale, at or below a price you choose. That said, I just checked my saved searches and WOW the prices are through the roof. Best deal for 9mm, new manufacture and brass case only is $0.34 per round (S&B) before shipping. If you go this route, you do have to be prepared to buy ASAP when the alerts come in, which is often overnight.

CorbLand

WKR
Its been pretty bleak where I am at. 9 comes in and it takes a couple days to go. 223/556 has been a little difficult to find. Other than that, everything else is in decent supply. Primers are basically gone, same with powder.

Idahodmax

FNG
I'm seeing a shortage in all ammo over here. I tried to stock up on 9mm but it was fruitless. Ammo shelves are very thin right now.

Oregonboy

WKR
I got lucky and got 2 boxes yesterday and another 2 boxes today. I called another local store 15 minutes after they opened and the salesman said I was the 6th guy that had called asking for 9mm...it's definitely in demand.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
CCI 10mm is the same price as any bottom of the barrel 9mm I've been able to find. Which is a flimsy but valid excuse to buy the glock 20 I've always wanted.

Grumman

WKR
I was excited to join a nice range club before this madness hit. Now I’m afraid to shoot up any of my ammo stockpile...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
What part of the country are you in?

The horrific "state of Chicago"......

I've got enough for a while. When ammo came back after Sandy Hook, I made the pledge to buy a bunch to get me thru another drought. That way when ammo comes back down, I'll stock up again and be ready for the next drought.....my grandpapy always said "buy low, sell high!

Last edited:
All the protest/riot/ whining crud isn't helping matters any, people are stocking up in case those turds show up in their neck on the woods.