AMP Machine: 2024 I Will Have One

My gun club has a reloading room on site. One of the best features is they have an AMP. I’ve been using it for a couple years now and the results speak for themselves. The consistent neck tension, shoulder bump and tight groupings can be attributed to uniformity in my brass thanks to the AMP. Everytime I seat a bullet, the tension feels exactly like new brass.

I moved two hours away and can’t get to that gun club as often but I continue to shoot at another range that is closer. Not being able to anneal my brass after each firing is driving me nuts.

I’ve decided to forgo any new rifles or optics to get an AMP. Before I ever used an AMP, I would think spending $1500 on a reloading device would be nuts.

After using an AMP for two years, I have to get one for the house. The machine is that good.

OP
General RE LEE
Not sure it’s worth the asking price but it is good and I love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I bet shipping them from New Zealand to the States costs them a pretty penny.

My brass has ten firings and after annealing, bullets seat exactly like brand new brass. Also, my shoulder bumps are spot on throughout 50 cases. It’s what makes my handloads precise.

huntnful

WKR
Man, I could not agree more. I can FEEL the difference in my reloads when I'm seating bullets. As well as shoulder bumps all coming out perfect. I bought one last year and feel like it was a great purchase.

Brass consistency, especially neck tension, is huge in making accurate ammo.

BjornF16

WKR
Not that I've seen. And I couldn't find one used either. I looked for about a month before I just bought a new one.

Maybe a "site wide" 10% off black friday or something at a store that supplies them, but I'm not sure.
Who are the US retailers?

JM151

FNG
Not sure it’s worth the asking price but it is good and I love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
UM has an annealer on their website. I would like an Amp please provide reasoning on why Amp is not worth the money?

codym

WKR
The amp is worth the money but so is the damn mate and Dillon case feeder… freaking sweet. I don’t know how to load videos on here but it’s mesmerizing to watch

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Look up “DIY induction brass annealer” on YouTube. Looks pretty slick and a pretty straight forward setup.

For the guys using the AMP. Have you ever compared groups using the AMP versus a different annealer? Or the AMP versus non annealed brass?

After listening to the Hornady podcast, it makes me curious what’s actually worth spending time and money on.

sveltri

WKR
For the guys using the AMP. Have you ever compared groups using the AMP versus a different annealer? Or the AMP versus non annealed brass?

After listening to the Hornady podcast, it makes me curious what’s actually worth spending time and money on.
I think Eric Cortina did, he uses the AMP now. Regarding the Hornady guys what I didn't hear, possibly missed, was no matter what consistency is king. I believe, based on others reports, the AMP annealer provides greater consistency than all other annealers. I do not have one.

OP
General RE LEE
Just ordered AMP cause they are $200 off!

$1395

BjornF16

WKR
Just ordered AMP cause they are $200 off!

$1395

This is an expensive forum...