Another Fierce Firearms Issue

OP
swavescatter
Back on 8/28 I emailed Fierce again, they responded the next day saying they would ask the gunsmith. Radio silence since then.

BUT!

Cabela's finally made it right and bought the rifle back at full price. Pretty clear argument that this rifle did not deliver several features it advertised.

So I'm now gonna focus on my Tikkas as God intended.

Duh

WKR
Stumbled on episode 27 of Fierce’s podcast. Hearing the issues with rifles and listening to that episode is enough to steer me clear of that company.

LightFoot

WKR
Stumbled on episode 27 of Fierce’s podcast. Hearing the issues with rifles and listening to that episode is enough to steer me clear of that company.

What happened on episode 27?

>>>——JAKE——>

What happened on episode 27?

>>>——JAKE——>
I just listened to the episode and the short version is it’s the owner of fierce defending/inflating is own ego about some things that the owner of gunwerks said while defending/inflating his own ego on the shoot2hunt podcast. It was nothing to crazy and it didn’t bother me very much as I don’t particularly care for either of them and I will probably never spend any money with either company.

That sucks man.
Looked into fierce but these posts kept me away.
Bought a Proof Glacier Ti thats at Evolved Ballistics getting decked out.
I have a fierce rifle and after three shots the groups spread out incredibly wide. Has anyone put a different barrel on their Fierce rifle? I like the stock and action but their carbon barrel leaves a lot to be desired. I also had some customer service issues when sending it back for some work. Cody eventually came through, but it took forever.

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
On a hunt this year a buddy had a fierce (not sure on model # as I dont know this mfg) 6.5 PRC with a carbon barrell he won at a locsl CCA banquet raffle. We hint in trucks driving and gladding a large ranch here in north texas. The rifle looked really slick as it had been topped with a zeiss v4 or v6 and it came all zeroed with a ballistic turret. Using hornady factory ammo. The rifle came with a fancy cutout case and he got some kind of shooting school with fierce maybe (not sure on that point). He had shot a few deer with it and said he liked it.
He was having all kinds of trouble getting his bolt to close or to even pick up and load a round out of the bdl style magazine. He mentioned he had been having slight issues before but nothing like the current tight issue. After getting one to finally load the bolt, he was trying to unload the rifle but the bolt stuck closed. He couldnt budge it. He luckily found and took a rubber mallet and banged it open. We he was pulling the bolt back he noticed a ton of powder and the bullet had been pulled out of the case and the bullet was still stuck in the barrel. No cleaning kit in the field so he took the truck antenna and used it as a rod to push the bullet back out. Took a good whacking with the mallet to get it out. Was the craziest thing ive ever seen. The whole setup was supposedly worth $6-$7k.
Im not a gunsmith nor did I look at the rifle so not 100% sure if it was the ammo or fierce rifle. He did mention with the earlier issues he had gotten a new box of that same ammo and had fired 5-6test rounds of three nee box and no issues came up. After a quick internet search and other similar stories we were pretty confident it was the fierce rifles issue. Just wanted to share what I had seen.