Another Fierce Firearms Issue

gerry35

WKR
I think this is the point at which the memes takeover the thread…

7j58z6.jpg

fatbacks

WKR
Two things.

First. My second fierce came with a test target. The target they sent measured .64 MOA. I don’t own that rifle any longer.

Second. Not sure if you saw Outdoor Life’s best guns if 2023 article recently - they shot a fierce. They said it had awesome fit and finish and said it was was a great rifle… except it had feeding issues and had poor accuracy for a 6.5 PRC. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwiftShot

WKR
Even a good shooting/functioning Fierce seems like a bad way to spend $3k. Factor in the crap shoot that they seem to be, no way! They seem to be marketed to someone who likes the look/idea of a custom rifle, but doesn’t want the effort. Practically the same cost, and none of the benefits.
You have it correct. Custom rifles seem hard for guys when you can pull a semi off the shelf. Short cuts cost you more.

OP
swavescatter
Cabelas called on Tuesday (6/6) saying my rifle was ready for pickup. According to paperwork they verified it shot like $hit, replaced the barrel, did some work to the action, cleaned up the QD cup and proofed it at .45 in 3 shot group with factory ELD-X.

Looking forward to seeing how it shoots finally.

Cabelas called on Tuesday (6/6) saying my rifle was ready for pickup. According to paperwork they verified it shot like $hit, replaced the barrel, did some work to the action, cleaned up the QD cup and proofed it at .45 in 3 shot group with factory ELD-X.

Looking forward to seeing how it shoots finally.
Interested in hearing the results of this!

Bwblodg

FNG
I have an Fury, 28 nosler, its in the shop getting the barrel inspected by an independent gunsmith. Waiting on results. Contacted Fierce to see what ammo they recommend. Ordered it, shot it, it sucked. Tried other factory ammo and reloads. Same results.

OP
swavescatter
Well, I decided I needed to start shooting again and might as well give the "proofed" Fierce Reaper $3,000 rifle another chance. Run some patches through the barrel (rifling is indeed present) and proceed to level the rifle...

Fierce decided to keep my factory-installed scope rail! WTF! Still a $3,000 f^cking paperweight. Jeezus H Christ.

Reaper_no_scope_rail.jpg

Reaper.PNG

Last edited:
OP
swavescatter
OK - Fierce did ship out a Talley 20MOA rail within a week, and I finally mounted up a new Nightforce NX8 4-32 and took it out to the range.

I fired three rounds of Norma target to get on paper, then went to the 100 yd tunnel to zero. First factory Hornady ELDX cartridge had an UGLY ejector mark! Subsequent brass looked fine??? The first few rounds of Norma had a heavy bolt lift after firing, but it seemed to get a bit better after around 5 rounds...

Brass.jpg

First 3 round group was ok:

Group1_ELDX.jpg

2nd 3 round group:
Group2_ELDX.jpg

Third group opened way up. Rifle was left for 15+ minutes between groups to cool, but I started getting some weird haze in the tunnel as it heated up outside. Not sure I can blame this one on the rifle.

Group3_ELDX.jpg

Not quite the 0.5 MOA guaranteed, so I'll get back out and try again with ELD-M as well. Hopefully hand loads can tighten these up.

Verdict is still out on if I can trust this rifle on a hunt, but at least it's worth shooting again.

SDHNTR

WKR
Whoa, a factory rifle absolutely should not present such pressure signs with factory ammo!

Was there oil/solvent in the carrel or chamber?

OP
swavescatter
Whoa, a factory rifle absolutely should not present such pressure signs with factory ammo!

Was there oil/solvent in the carrel or chamber?

Not much. I did run a wet patch of CLP through using a bore guide and a couple drops of lube to the bolt lug. Certainly no copious amount of fluid anywhere.

Mike 338

WKR
Hmmm, something in the water I guess. I had a custom rifle put together from a builder in Utah some years back. First he sent it to the wrong person instead of me and then I had terrible pressure issues. He just never responded after my second email. I finally had a new barrel/different chambering put on it by a Washington builder. I also bought some outdoor clothing from a well known Utah outdoor company. They fell apart and developed holes in the wash. For merino wool, they weren't even warm.

I got my eye on you Utah.

SDHNTR

WKR
Not much. I did run a wet patch of CLP through using a bore guide and a couple drops of lube to the bolt lug. Certainly no copious amount of fluid anywhere.
A saturated patch of anything should always be followed by a couple dry patches prior to shooting. Clean it again, dry the bore and chamber thoroughly and try it again with that same ammo. Make sure it's not hot out or ammo laying in the sun, and make sure the ammo is not cooking in a hot chamber too long prior to firing too.

After years of selling their products and standing up for them, I now must do the opposite. This company has turned into a joke. As when I was a dealer I ordered the rifles with the Longrange package. This package includes a target showing .5 moa with the name of the ammo used. Chronograph and tested out to 1000 yards and custom turrets. When I received my Reaper in 7mm PRC with a 20’barrel. And of course they failed to give my the dope info for for my turrets. No big deal I thought. Man was I wrong! None info was recorded so I’m back to square 1. I protested the fees charged and they told me to send it back to them. Mind you it has been months in the making. They would need it for a few weeks. The fit and finish of a 3k rifle does not come close to what was coming out of Canada. If it says made in Utah place it back on the rack and continue with your search. This is what greed looks like. When they were made in Canada by great gunsmiths this was never a problem. Fit and finish was what you would expect. Now made in Utah is a sign of their “IN HOUSE EXPERTS” trying to make it great like Antler Arms in Canada did and then put the Fierce name on it. Complete failure. Customer service was nonexistent.

atmat

WKR
I stood there and watched my 300 PRC get shot with factory ammo. K1050 on top from bags. You have no clue what you are talking about.

After years of selling their products and standing up for them, I now must do the opposite. This company has turned into a joke. As when I was a dealer I ordered the rifles with the Longrange package. This package includes a target showing .5 moa with the name of the ammo used. Chronograph and tested out to 1000 yards and custom turrets. When I received my Reaper in 7mm PRC with a 20’barrel. And of course they failed to give my the dope info for for my turrets. No big deal I thought. Man was I wrong! None info was recorded so I’m back to square 1. I protested the fees charged and they told me to send it back to them. Mind you it has been months in the making. They would need it for a few weeks. The fit and finish of a 3k rifle does not come close to what was coming out of Canada. If it says made in Utah place it back on the rack and continue with your search. This is what greed looks like. When they were made in Canada by great gunsmiths this was never a problem. Fit and finish was what you would expect. Now made in Utah is a sign of their “IN HOUSE EXPERTS” trying to make it great like Antler Arms in Canada did and then put the Fierce name on it. Complete failure. Customer service was nonexistent.
Well, what a difference 4 months makes.

Agreed! Made in Utah seems to be the issue. I found a registered importer that can buy in Canada and import to the US. I bought a couple of Antler Arms, the original maker of the Fierce line. If it does not say made in Canada run away from it.

OP
swavescatter
Decided to run ARCA on the forend and ordered up some M-Lok to ARCA plates. Fierce advertises:

The Reaper features:​

• Hyperlite Alloy Chassis frame | V-Block design
  • Precision machined – 2 Lug Action | 70 degree bolt throw
  • Bix’n Andy trigger – Crisp clean | Adjustable | Reliable
  • AccurateMag Detatachable mag box
  • Carbon Fiber stock | adjustable LOP + folding stock option
  • Carbon Fiber forearm M-LOCK, ergo pistol grip, cheekpiece
  • Fierce C3 carbon fiber barrel
  • Comprehensive caliber selection
  • Radial muzzlebrake and 0 MOA scope rail included
  • WEIGHT: Short Action 20″ Barrel 7.2 lbs | Long Action 22″ Barrel 7.8 lbs
  • NOTE: Weights may vary due to variable options on each rifle

According to Google, here are the specs on M-LOK (7mm width):
M-LOK_dimensions.jpg

Perhaps they are trying to patent M-LOCK as an alternative to M-LOK?

Here's what my adapter measures (~6.8mm):
Mlok.jpg

Here's what the M-LOCK relief in the forend measures (~6.4mm):

FierceMlok.jpg

How the hell am I supposed to run M-LOK accessories???!!!

I just can't even...

The fact that they sell a custom turret for "optimal factory ammo" for their "guaranteed half MOA" rifles is a sign that they are selling ignorance. What happens when the barrel speeds up 80 FPS after its broke in or when a lot of factory ammo is 80 FPS faster or slower than another? To take $ for that "service" and not even provide it is worse.

But.. Backfire on youtube says the reaper is the ideal bolt gun.

On paper and in the hand, they have some pretty dang cool rifles. It's too bad the QC, marketing, and people behind the brand are shitty.

SDHNTR

WKR
The fact that they sell a custom turret for "optimal factory ammo" for their "guaranteed half MOA" rifles is a sign that they are selling ignorance. What happens when the barrel speeds up 80 FPS after its broke in or when a lot of factory ammo is 80 FPS faster or slower than another? To take $ for that "service" and not even provide it is worse.

But.. Backfire on youtube says the reaper is the ideal bolt gun.

On paper and in the hand, they have some pretty dang cool rifles. It's too bad the QC, marketing, and people behind the brand are shitty.
Isn’t that what Leupy has done for many years with their CDS? Ignorance on top of a junk product. And people still buy them in droves! Marketing is powerful stuff!