Another FNG and NEW PACK??

Hi all. I've got a question for everyone. I am in the market for a new pack. I have had a literal TON of packs over the years. External and internal framed packs of mostly military and civilian hiking models. I am looking for a single packbord type of frame that I can lash,cinch,bungee,tie or clip ANY old bag, box or bucket to. I hike, canoe, bicycle and climb. I'm curious as to what you all use? Pro's and cons? I have in mind MR NICE LOAD SLING, KIFARU DUPLEX TACTICAL OR GUIDE LITE, or one of the other internal type frame systems. Also on my short list is the eberlestock f1 Main frame. The main frame seems to me to be the most durable and universal as far as hooking cargo to. Wether it be a duffle or a chainsaw. Any way that's a start of my thoughts.

BDRam16

WKR
None of the frames you listed will provide you with a universal figment of bags unless you’re planning on just literally attaching them with paracord or something. Also MR no longer makes either the NICE or original Guidelite frames so those would have to be found used. Of what you listed for the purpose of carrying saws or canoes I would suggest the mainframe because it has a metal shelf on the bottom that would make attaching random items easier. However, that would be my absolute last choice for hunting with.

OP
S
Hi BDRam, thanks for the reply, I am not sure I really need a frame that requires proprietary bags. My idea with the MR NICE LOAD SLING. They still have listed on the website. Is to literally just put whatever pack ,bucket, milk crates or whatever in it and tighten it up and maybe hook another couple compression straps around said object and start humping. Used to do it a lot with other external frames I had. I am into bicycle hunting and camping a bit now and wonder if the flexible frame vs external hard frame might be nicer. I don't know that I want to spend $475 to find out thou and end up with another pack that isn't as great as the commercial says!! I do mean literally lash any object to the frame by any means necessary too! I'm leaning towards the F1 frame unless I get other decent recommendations to check out. I like bullpacks but don't know about the harness system and width. I'm a narrow lanky MFer and don't want too much wider than I am.

OP
S
Where do I find these Barney frames I have read about? Is it Barney's sport chalet? I am not a good computer user and don't really know what or how to search for the right words or whatnot.

OP
S
Thank you. I went to the website but wasn't sure if it was the right place.

ranny

FNG
I have been running the mainframe for a few years for both hunting and summer pack trips. Great frame and carries heavy loads very well. One thing to consider If you are trying to strap awkward loads to it...is that there really isn't any access to the frame itself to use for attachment points. Just the laser cut molle on the front and the compression straps.

OP
S
I have been running the mainframe for a few years for both hunting and summer pack trips. Great frame and carries heavy loads very well. One thing to consider If you are trying to strap awkward loads to it...is that there really isn't any access to the frame itself to use for attachment points. Just the laser cut molle on the front and the compression straps.
Thank you for the reply. I was curious about that. I am also considering something like the pack frame from Barney sports chalet. Any other quality options to consider?

ranny

FNG
The other one I have used for similar purposes is the Kelty Cache Hauler. That would be more of a budget option compared to the others you are looking at. It's more of a traditional external frame with a shelf that folds down at the bottom and some wings and compression straps to secure the load. The Eberlestock is nicer for hiking through the brush because it is narrower.