Best and most comfortable pack to carry 60+ pounds?

B02

FNG
I like to carry alot of crap with me when hiking/camping/hunting. I use an Osprey Aether 85AG and the max I can carry is about 45-50lbs before the internal frame stops providing support. Im looking for something that can "comfortably" support and carry this weight and more. Curious to see what other people's choices are.

Stone glacier or kifaru. I have been using a SG sky 5100 for 7 years and love it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
64f0751335276c2fab1fee0e76eac57e.jpg

Taking out an entire boned Sitka blacktail

wyogoat

WKR
I’ll throw out another one since RS loves to hate on them but I really like the Kuiu packs. I tried to go to SG and went back to my Kuiu Pro.
The Exo packs do look great as well and if I didn’t have a Kuiu I’d probably stick with the SG.
If you can check them out in person that would help. They’re all good. It’s just going to be your preference.
I look for something I can get a rear elk quarter out on the first trip and also carries well all day for 20ish days in September.

199p

FNG
I have the same problem with the Ospray and it starts hanging back on my shoulders, following along for suggestions bit harder being at the end of the world.

Reactions: B02
OP
B02

B02

FNG
Stone glacier or kifaru. I have been using a SG sky 5100 for 7 years and love it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
64f0751335276c2fab1fee0e76eac57e.jpg

Taking out an entire boned Sitka blacktail
awesome ill check that one out thank you

OP
B02

B02

FNG
I’ll throw out another one since RS loves to hate on them but I really like the Kuiu packs. I tried to go to SG and went back to my Kuiu Pro.
The Exo packs do look great as well and if I didn’t have a Kuiu I’d probably stick with the SG.
If you can check them out in person that would help. They’re all good. It’s just going to be your preference.
I look for something I can get a rear elk quarter out on the first trip and also carries well all day for 20ish days in September.
20 days thats legit, i was already looking at the kuiu packs after all the praise ive seen given to them. Thank you

87TT

WKR
I sold my Kuiu Ultra and bought a second EXO, just saying.
20 days thats legit, i was already looking at the kuiu packs after all the praise ive seen given to them. Thank you
i have two EXO K2 packs. I packed an elk hind quarter, both back straps and my bow and other gear in one trip. Other hind and loose meat second trip and both fronts on the third trip first year I had it. But I was younger then (66):rolleyes:

elkguide

WKR
Odd man out here but the Outdoorsman Palisade 90 fits me very well. No problems using it packing out my elk a mile and a half this fall. (yes, it took a couple of trips.)

I use a Kifaru Duplex Lite with the Hoodlum. My brother has borrowed it a couple of times and works well for him as well. Most of my buddies run Stone Glacier and love them. As others have stated, best if you can try some out and figure out what fits you best.

prm

WKR
Of the packs I’ve owned, I’d say Kifaru and then EXO K4 in that order. Both are really good.