Another Mountain Hike

hobbes

WKR
This was more of a drive than a hike. Last year I glassed and went after some elk that were a good ways away from my camp. My camp is already a pretty good hike from the trailhead. I wasn't too sure that I could get an elk out on my own from that far but knew there were roads and trails coming in from that direction also. I was banking on taking it out that way, but wasn't 100% sure the roads were open. (I didn't kill one of them, so nothing to worry about anyway). I decided to investigate access from that direction yesterday and found that I can access from that point if necessary.

My wife went with me, or I'd have bailed off a steep ridge to check out some small parks that I glassed elk in last year.

xCpsXz.jpg

Some pretty good views:
Last year I was glassing from that top to the right.
vnempZ.jpg

u68KAv.jpg

The rest is mostly wildflowers, so if you don't like those, you may not want to continue.

White Mariposa Lily

hXHE2Z.jpg

vE4aBY.jpg

SQvwxE.jpg

Harebell

IC81qA.jpg

VxXC6F.jpg

Lupine

4cpIFm.jpg

aIZmSO.jpg

Not sure what this one is

6dngYw.jpg

A little of everything

ZumEPI.jpg

JdPqeq.jpg

0JuWz1.jpg

Spike elk

WKR
Cool pics. It is always nice to connect the dots on a hunting area. Been hunting the same area for 12 plus years and making cool discoveries every summer. I enjoy camping in the same area that I hunt. Hope you had some shade to hike in. It has been hot!