Antelope hunting Wyoming 113-2 near Kaycee

Ryana

FNG
I’m from Minnesota. I’m taking my three kids who are 13, 14 and 15 antelope hunting an area 113. Second season. Opens a week from today. I see the weathers pretty warm this week but then a cold front moves in on Monday With possible snow. Just wondering what everyone thinks that will do to the antelope movement.

Savage99

WKR
It may run some people off, so there’s that. Sound like a great time to be had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Will be there myself, we are packing in and camping which makes me glad for the cool temps for meat care. I have no idea what to expect, first time going to WY, first antelope hunt, but super excited!

OP
R

Ryana

FNG
Will be there myself, we are packing in and camping which makes me glad for the cool temps for meat care. I have no idea what to expect, first time going to WY, first antelope hunt, but super excited!
Yes, I guess we will see. One of my forecast shows 4 to 7 inches of snow on Tuesday

ChrisAU

WKR
Yes, I guess we will see. One of my forecast shows 4 to 7 inches of snow on Tuesday

I'm not seeing any chance of snow until Tuesday, and then its only 30% chance on Accuweather and The Weather Channel and the temps don't support a lot of accumulation? Think we'll be just fine!

Just got back from my hint and drove through that area. Saw a bunch from the Highway (I25). You should have a good time. Best of luck!

wytx

WKR
I would check on Don days weather podcast, he usually gets it right and he's a Wyoming bowhunter too.
I would be prepared for snow and cold and crappy roads.

I will second the comment by wytx. Don Day's podcast weather forecast are usually pretty close to reality.

ClearCreek

We are in a close unit to you starting Tuesday. I wonder how this snow will be. Anybody have any tips on navigating the roads. I am bringing chains, toe rope, traction mat things and some other stuff. I’m still worried that we won’t be able to safe-ishly get to much of the accessible public. Anybody have any thoughts.

OP
R

Ryana

FNG
Well I’m here. Forecast is 8 to 12 inches. On Tuesday. We’re Hunting a private ranch, 20,000 acres south of Kaycee. Should b interesting

Yeah kinda figured that. The public county rock/dirt roads or the two track trails? I am trying to figure out which roads are paved and which are rock. I already know that 2 tracks are out of the question and will be waking in a packing out. But it’s gonna be pretty tough to hike into more than 1 spot if we can’t even get off the highway.