Any bacon fans?

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
What’s your favorite flavor of the bunch?
So far, I'm 50/50 between the chili garlic & honey maple.
The honey maple is borderline just a hair too sweet. If I do it again (hah! If....) I'd definitely decrease the sugar percentage in the cure. Maybe cut it back to 1 or 1.2%
The jalapeño & garlic has a beautiful, but subtle fermenty kick. I wouldn't call it spicy, but you can definitely taste everything that's going on.

So far, I'm 50/50 between the chili garlic & honey maple.
The honey maple is borderline just a hair too sweet. If I do it again (hah! If....) I'd definitely decrease the sugar percentage in the cure. Maybe cut it back to 1 or 1.2%
The jalapeño & garlic has a beautiful, but subtle fermenty kick. I wouldn't call it spicy, but you can definitely taste everything that's going on.
Awesome, definitely gonna give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration! We’ve been hoping to find a heartier (less fatty) bacon which is surprisingly hard to find.

6MT

FNG
Bacon won't give you any trouble, it's the other stuff we eat that causes issues like that. Lots of good info online about good diets. Hope you can eat some Bacon again soon.
Thanks, but it won’t be happening. My referee (Wife) wouldn’t allow bacon. Like cheese…I’ll just have to remember those.