Any tips for river float for elk in northern Alberta?

Floating a river this fall for early elk in northern Alberta. Wondering if anyone has some tips? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Seems like great council. Will be trying our best.

OP
D
Ya was thinking we would mostly use the river to get into the backcountry then hunt the good looking sections of valley as we travel.

OP
D
Had a great hunt guys! saw a lot of sign and some moose and deer, no elk though. didn't get out till oct 12th so i think we missed the rut entirely, didn't hear even on bugle while there. many laughs were had. temps dropped to -15 celsius for tow nights, and last day on river we woke to find it had frozen over! fortunately we traveled further the previous night as a result of not seeing much sign at our original area we planned to stop. so we only had around 35 meters of ice breaking to do. Last picture ids of what could have been a very bad situation turned quite comical. buddy was tightening the strap on his backpack and he slipped and in one fell motion knocked off the safety and hit the trigger on his bear spray. Clear he was meant to get it in the face. hit only his left eye, and after 20 minutes of flushing it, he was back to mostly normal. A really good sport about it and we certainly gave him a hard time for the rest of the trip. but it gets better. the other guy in that photo was being a real gem (my brother in law) and helping him rinse it out and pulling back eyelid and such, and all seems well. We pack up camp and he cleans all dishes and such and we assume all bear spray fun for the trip is over. Well not so. he goes and takes bleak before getting back into raft... you know where this is going. after about 5 minutes he pulls up along side our raft and says... My penis is starting to burn little". we began to chuckle. he did not. as time passed it got so bad that he was concerned about loosing control of his ability to not soil himself. in the end it passed after half hour or so and he lost the right to make fun of other guy. We laughed a lot and will never forget it. thanks for all tips everyone. had a fun and mostly safe trip. tempImagenLPO3L.jpgtempImageS9BKCi.jpgtempImagehZYAnH.jpgtempImageFcVtun.jpgtempImagerFnZM6.jpgtempImage2S2Y1l.jpgtempImagemtkjJQ.jpg