Anyone have problems doing strict carnivore?

Sticking to it and cost.I like to eat red meat mainly.
It’s fun especially because I’m a serious meat eater but you do get sick of it,took me about 45 days plus I was still hungry a lot.
I think that’s mainly some other hormonal issue because the switch that says stop your full is definitely not working.I have had that issue no matter what diet I’m on and I’ve done most of them.
I’ll do it again just to change it up.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
No specific thoughts as I've not tried it as a strict thing, though I have changed my approach over the years (when young, not only the paradigm "meat and animal fats are bad, grains are good," but the fact I was swimming up to 20K daily did demand a different diet). The Big Fat Surprise is a great book, in my opinion, as it goes into studies on this very thing (basic premise is the flawed science behind the classic "Food Pyramid," even the questionable ethics involved in the research, coupled with research on a more meat, cheese and dairy diet, and health).

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
the standard american diet preys on most of the obese population. It is sad.

Yeah, a lot can be said for how stupid the food pyramid was, but that was gone over a decade ago. Mostly Americans just eat way too much. It's not just Americans that eat too much, most 1st world countries have obesity problems. The problem isn't a special diet, the problem is too much of every food, and not enough activity.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I can't believe eating only meat could actually be healthy.
It probably is not, but who cares, people will do what they want and data is not there to quantify it, there are certainly worse things many people do every day, and that was not the point of the thread, so lets not derail it.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, a lot can be said for how stupid the food pyramid was, but that was gone over a decade ago. Mostly Americans just eat way too much. It's not just Americans that eat too much, most 1st world countries have obesity problems. The problem isn't a special diet, the problem is too much of every food, and not enough activity.
Well, it's been rebranded and there have been some changes, but the renamed "Healthy Diet Pyramid" is still based on the original flawed science, imo.

the-healthy-eating-pyramid.jpg

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
It probably is not, but who cares, people will do what they want and data is not there to quantify it, there are certainly worse things many people do every day, and that was not the point of the thread, so lets not derail it.

It was derailed on the very first post. You don't pick diet plans based on popularity or problems others have had, it doesn't work that way. Certainly no real diet plan, and I mean a real diet plan for a specific purpose is going to exclude anything. They only change proportions of everything. The most old school strength training diets with 1g protein per pound of body weight or more, you still need everything else, just in smaller proportion.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
Well, it's been rebranded and there have been some changes, but the renamed "Healthy Diet Pyramid" is still based on the original flawed science, imo.

View attachment 606520

Yeah, leave it to America, which I love, but realize we are really stupid sometimes. Your pills are more important than your fish, poultry, and eggs apparently.

Just think how much better we could be as a country if we ditched this "diet" nonsense for school kids, and instead started middle schoolers on progressive overload strength training. Both the fat and strength problems would work themselves out. I mean seriously, that pyramid is hinting that you should be eating in such a way that a multi-vitamin pill is beneficial.o_O

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It was derailed on the very first post. You don't pick diet plans based on popularity or problems others have had, it doesn't work that way. Certainly no real diet plan, and I mean a real diet plan for a specific purpose is going to exclude anything. They only change proportions of everything. The most old school strength training diets with 1g protein per pound of body weight or more, you still need everything else, just in smaller proportion.
People who want to educate themselves ask questions and try to make educated decisions. Some other people just know everything or maybe not.

Anyone else have any issues doing strict carnivore?

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, leave it to America, which I love, but realize we are really stupid sometimes. Your pills are more important than your fish, poultry, and eggs apparently.

Just think how much better we could be as a country if we ditched this "diet" nonsense for school kids, and instead started middle schoolers on progressive overload strength training. Both the fat and strength problems would work themselves out. I mean seriously, that pyramid is hinting that you should be eating in such a way that a multi-vitamin pill is beneficial.
In total agreement.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
People who want to educate themselves ask questions and try to make educated decisions. Some other people just know everything or maybe not.

You are asking the wrong question, and to the wrong people. Whatever it is you are trying to accomplish, go to some kind of Nutritionist and ask them what diet is best for what you are trying to do. That's the only real answer you can get.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
You are asking the wrong question, and to the wrong people. Whatever it is you are trying to accomplish, go to some kind of Nutritionist and ask them what diet is best for what you are trying to do. That's the only real answer you can get.
Thanks so much.

Anyone else have any issues doing strict carnivore diet? Thanks.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider

It's in the book and she is definitely not without controversy, including claims of shoddy science and biased sample selections in her own right, but in the book I mentioned she includes a fairly long-term study, IIRC, done by two nordic doctors who did controlled research - using themselves - on a red meat-only diet in a hospital setting with regular testing and results. Wish I could remember more.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It's in the book and she is definitely not without controversy, including claims of shoddy science and biased sample selections in her own right, but in the book I mentioned she includes a fairly long-term study, IIRC, done by two nordic doctors who did controlled research - using themselves - on a red meat-only diet in a hospital setting with regular testing and results. Wish I could remember more.
Thanks.

Rob5589

WKR
I tried it but just couldn't eat that much meat only. I can't do eggs unfortunately due to stomach issues. I ended up eating more like the Paleo style diet with some dairy. Cutting out "healthy" whole grains has really helped with digestion and skin issues. I aim for 170-200 grams of protein in the form of meats, Greek yogurt, and whey powder.