Anyone playing with GoPro cameras here ?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I dont have alot of experience but own and use one. Most of my training is trial and error. Reading Forums and learning how to use it. Now that we can put video equipment on our Bows in Colorado Im gonna try and mount a Go Pro to My Stabilizer on my recurve. I have an Archery Hog hunt coming up in April. Hoping to get some good footage to share on Rokslide of the hunt.

KHNC

WKR
Gp`s are perfect for second camera angles, vehicle/atv mounts , head mounts for action shots or b-roll footage etc. You will have a hard time getting kill shot footage mounted to a bow or gun tho. This is due to the fact they have no zoom. A 20yd shot will appear 50-60 yds away. Gp`s film awesome footage but only at close range. I always mount one next to the bait barrel on my bear hunts for a close up second angle view. I use a remote or smart phone to operate it. But I have a hero 2 that uses wifi backpack. The 3 or 4`s have built in wifi but low battery life when wifi is on.

I just bought a 4 silver with the touch screen back. It is great for commentary or 2nd angle or interesting b roll footage (especially time laps), but the above is correct. Not a good primary camera. If you are wanting to film your whole hunt, buy a video camera, but if your looking for a second camera, gp's are great. I have not tested battery life with wifi on on my 4 silver but I had a 3 black and the battery life was horrible. The 4 series is supposed to be better but again I haven't tried it with the wifi on.