Big Game Year-round Hunting Options

Is anyone aware of a backcountry style big game hunt that can be done year round? Texas has a lot of flexibility for exotics year-round but from what I’ve seen it’s a lot of private ranches with easy hunts. I’m fine with private ranches but I’m looking for a challenge, tracking in the backcountry on foot, packing out the animal myself etc. Has anyone done something like this?

Yoder

WKR
Australia. You can kill all kinds of cool stuff. Red Stag, camels, feral cats, donkeys.

WBT

FNG
Aoudad on a big ranch in far west Texas is an option. No personal experience, but this operation seems to have a very good reputation.

OP
W
Great suggestions, appreciate it you guys. Australia or New Zealand would be sweet but the travel time is a bit prohibitive and bringing the meat back would prove a logistical pain so I'll hold off on those for now (one day though). The Hawaii, Texas, bear or Idaho hunts are great options and I'll look into each of them this week.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I’m doing an aoudad hunt in W Texas next month with an outfitter on a private ranch. They have some and semi guided as well. Great way to kill time between “regular” hunting season and turkey season.

Public land pigs would be a challenge. Might want to get hooked on turkeys that would help bridge the gap to hunting season

Rich M

WKR
I like not hunting all year - gives a chance to do other stuff. We got hogs, big snakes, iguanas, and coyotes year round i think.

MattB

WKR
I wish someone would come clean some of them up. There’s really nothing that makes it illegal. Maybe animal cruelty but that’s a stretch.
Except for federal law.

Hawaii has a lot of opportunities, and there are wild hogs and imported horned game that can be hunted year round in many places.