Anyone rent their enclosed trailer?

snik

FNG
I've got an enclosed trailer, that I rarely use, and am thinking about renting it out. Anyone here rent their enclosed trailers? If so, give me some feedback on why or why not you would do it. Thanks!

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I have mine for when I need it, not for everyone else’s convenience. I’d be worried about what shape it would come back in every time I rented it out. You’d want to make sure to carve things out of the contract such as a wheel bearing failure otherwise you could be liable for fixing the wheel bearing, getting a different trailer for them to use, etc.

I borrowed mine to a coworker one time and it took him two weeks to get it back to me since he was too lazy to finish unloading it. Drove me nuts as we were getting ready to move to a new job site later that month.

Many people treat other people’s stuff like trash. If you’re not one of my few close friends I’m not borrowing my stuff or trailer to you. I don’t know if the amount of money you’d make back would be worth hassle it could be.

Not an enclosed trailer, but a friend of a friend rented a utility dump trailer from a guy down the street. He overloaded it with landscape blocks and managed to wreck it less than a mile down the interstate from the lumberyard.

If you decide to do it, I’d make sure your insurance will cover it in the case of damage.

OP
S

snik

FNG
Yeah, after doing more research I’m not sure the risk is worth the reward.

I would advise extreme caution. I would have full coverage and talk to insurance company about coverage if someone else is towing it.

FYI.....I let an extremely special A$$ hat borrow my flatbed car hauler. Explained in detail how to load and unload.

He brought it back with the right side fender smashed all to Helen and back. Blown tire from fender rubbing. He drove the F150 he was towing up and over the trailer fender.

Never offered to pay to have it repaired.

Renting out campers is a thing...maybe look into how people are covered from damage when renting out a camper. I'd say it should be similar.

Google camper rental by owner.

Baddog

WKR
I know people do it. Couple websites similar to vrbo do it. But I know I couldn’t do it.