Anyone used Copper Creek ammo?

philcox

WKR
Looking at grabbing some ammo from the OR running through their build process. Any practical experience with either and ultimate result satisfaction?

Scottyboy

WKR
I’ve gone through 500 rounds or so from them, nothing negative yet. Only used on 4 hunts (2 elk, deer and bear) but the results were tasty!

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
I’ve gone through 500 rounds or so from them, nothing negative yet. Only used on 4 hunts (2 elk, deer and bear) but the results were tasty!
Did you do their standard load or go through the process to get a load for your gun?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have bought their loaded ammo without load dev.
It was good. All of it shot well.
200 rounds 6.5 prc 147 eldm shot great.
800 rounds 223 rem 69 gr sierra shot great.

Scottyboy

WKR
Did you do their standard load or go through the process to get a load for your gun?
Standard load for a 7mm. I was going to go through the process of a custom load but didn’t feel the need for as good as their standard round did.

Edit: at the time, their recommendation was to see how their standard offering worked before going any further and had offered to credit me the cost of the standard load towards custom development. I’m guessing they felt confident theirs would be just fine when I sent my rifle/bbl specs

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
I went through their load development. Made a terribly innacurate rifle shoot under an inch. Good stuff imo

Dos XX

WKR
Have shot their standard 223 and their 260. It was made with quality components and shot fine.

My rifle wasn't shooting factory Hornady 143gr ELD-X very well even though the barrels throat was done with that bullet in mind. So I grabbed some Copper Creek 143gr ELD-X loaded ammo and it immediately was 1/2" five shot groups. Then I used it on a hunt and killed a coues with it. Great experience so far.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Thanks all. I have a couple more loads to test, and if they don't work, I'll give CC ammo a try ...

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
What are the benefits of buying from someone like copper creek vs factory mass produced ammo? I am assuming for the non-reloader its more about consistency in powder charge which in turn is more consistent MV? There is a factory load I love to shoot, and it performs well, but there are several hundred FPS differences between lot#'s I have found.

What are the benefits of buying from someone like copper creek vs factory mass produced ammo? I am assuming for the non-reloader its more about consistency in powder charge which in turn is more consistent MV? There is a factory load I love to shoot, and it performs well, but there are several hundred FPS differences between lot#'s I have found.
For me it's just produced better groups and more consistent results in mine and my father's rifle at long distances. Plus when I order from CC I don't have to wonder whether the different boxes of ammo are coming from the same lot, they automatically make sure you get it all from the same lot.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Glad I found this thread! Anybody sent their brass in to be reloaded? I want to get some of my brass for the 300 prc loaded with the 215 Berger after seeing how it performed on my friends mule deer this year. Is there that much up a benefit to sending in brass that’s been shot through your gun as opposed to new brass?

I’m a fan. Only have used their pre-loaded ammo and it shot great for me. From a few years back. The MRAD is around 50inches long and that porker weighed more than me and a buddy could lift into a ranger. Had to use a winch to get him in the bed. 260 in Lapua brass and 142smk.
IMG_6313.jpeg

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve used their 300 prc ammo in the past when I couldn’t get factory hornady. I believe it was the Berger 210s (been a while) but they were extremely consistent, faster than the 212 hornady loads, and dumped a few animals. Only downside IMO is cost - but you can always save the brass and load again. I’ve order more ammo from unknown munitions than copper creek - but wouldn’t hesitate to order again from CC if I needed to.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
I have not used them but I’ve used Unknown, Pendleton, Choice, and a couple others. What is your draw to them?