Archery pin templates??

mans9110

FNG
A couple of months ago I came across an article showing archery site pin templates where you could line up your pins after your closest distance based on your bow speed. Has anyone used these and if so what are they called? I’ve tried to search on google and can’t find them (or that article) for the life of me. Thanks in advance

A sight tape is what you're describing. You can make custom tapes with software like Archer's Advantage or Pinwheel and print them yourself. You can also buy preprinted tapes for some sights.

pirogue

WKR
My sight came with laminated, weatherproof sight tapes. Follow directions, shoot a couple distances, and match the proper tape to your bow.

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly- you’re describing sight tapes. I used a Black Gold verdict ascent with the sliding pin. It’s a great set up, but you need to verify your arrow drops at distance (50, 60, 70, etc).

Someone made an overlay at one point that had pins, I haven't seen them for a while.

The problem is its a lot more than just arrow speed that goes into pin gap. It's peep height, distance between peep and sight, arrow weight, etc.

Really need to shoot them in, tho it was handy to use as an initial starting point. After a couple tho you get a pretty good idea what the gap needs to be.

Here's an app for it.

OP
M

mans9110

FNG
Someone made an overlay at one point that had pins, I haven't seen them for a while.

The problem is its a lot more than just arrow speed that goes into pin gap. It's peep height, distance between peep and sight, arrow weight, etc.

Really need to shoot them in, tho it was handy to use as an initial starting point. After a couple tho you get a pretty good idea what the gap needs to be.

Here's an app for it.

Thanks for replies all. I shoot my pins in, but out at 60 yards I’m not sure if I’m exactly on so thought this might be an interesting way to check my calibration. Will try them out and see

Hunt4Wade

FNG
A couple of months ago I came across an article showing archery site pin templates where you could line up your pins after your closest distance based on your bow speed. Has anyone used these and if so what are they called? I’ve tried to search on google and can’t find them (or that article) for the life of me. Thanks in advance
I shoot mine in. The problem I see with the “template” idea is that if you bow shoots 280 fps with the chronograph a couple feet from your bow, depending how well tuned your arrows are, your arrow flight could cause quite a variable in fps by the time it hits the target magnified by range. Where as the “template” may be based on bullet holes with minimal drag.

rclouse79

WKR
Check out the ezv website. I am trying the sight out myself. They have a pin printout that you can line up with the pins on your old sight to pick the correct fps insert. That printout would show you the pin spacing for every 10 fps.

Morrid7

FNG
Archers advantage software will generate pin gaps based on the bow and arrow specs you enter. After I’ve set my slider sight the traditional way I print the pin gaps and compare them to my actual pin gaps using my digital caliper. They’ve always been spot on or very close in my experience, and I’d still defer to my settings over the software’s gap measurements, but it’s a nice confidence booster if you’re unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk