Arizona Elk

DocD5150

Currently in Idaho and moving to Phoenix. I’ve heard of some big elk up in Flagstaff, but does anyone have any general info on the best successful areas to get into elk? Sure, don’t give away your exact spots. But maybe a little guidance in the right direction? I cant hunt until after 12 months anyways, unless I dish out for the nonresident fees.

Anozira

Depends on your point situation and how lucky you get with the draw. There are big elk in a lot of the state- some areas tend to hold more than others. It just depends on how quickly you want to hunt? Premium units can take years to draw. Other units you can draw almost every other year but don't tend to hold "big" elk unless you get lucky. The type of hunt you want can make a different also. Are you looking for an early archery hunt during the rut or a late rifle hunt near the end of the season?

TacoHunter

Welcome to AZ. Everything elk related in AZ is on the point system, It depends on the hunt you are looking for. The primo early rifle and archery tags take a boatload of points, some of the cow hunts can be drawn every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk