Arken optics??

Looking for a sub 600 dollar scope for my 6.5 Grendel on ar platform.

These arken scopes look really nice. But how is the quality??

Anyone have any experiencs

Looking to hunt some deer yotes and hogs with it

OP
F
I live down the block
How about an Athlon Midas TAC, Burris Signature or a Hawke Endurance ? As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments. Your timing is perfect as we are running our Father's Day Sale - Now through June 20th
I live down the block from the store on Long Island. I’ll swing in this week. You don’t carry the Arken?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We do not carry Arken. I've checked them out and quite honestly there's dozens of "me too" brands and we see no reason to bring in Arken as there's nothing we thought unique about them

ChrisAU

WKR
Arken scopes are very nice for the price but are definitely more of a target scope than a hunting scope. I suggest you get with Doug and check out the Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 line. The 2-12x42 is fantastic and is what I had on my 6.5G SBR before upgrading to a Bushnell LRTS.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
The Midas TACs have gone up a lot in price but seem to be well made, especially for Chinese glass.

tquiet

FNG
I have a Midas TAC that rides on a 300WM and so far I have had no issue with tracking and glass is decent.

Gusbus208

FNG
I really like my Athlon. I have it on a 6.5 prc. I am sorta glass ignorant but I think it is really good. My only issue is the weight of the scope. 33 oz for the 5-25 it is a big of a tank.

ChrisAU

WKR
Gotta say, I really like the 5-25 EP5 I got yesterday. Favorite turrets over any scope I've ever had, and I've had them all short of ZCO/TT. Features are great and supposedly the Japanese ED Glass is pretty good but I haven't had time to evaluate it yet. I did watch a video over the weekend of a very very thorough review that did include a drop test in which it was dropped 3 times from a 10 ft balcony onto the ground (in mount but not mounted to rifle) and it did RTZ. The windage on his particular model lost 0.1 mil over 4 MILs of adjustment consistently but elevation tracked perfectly.

Now, I didn't get it for a centerfire hunting rifle, and I never would, its for my 22LR NRLx gun. I watched a guy win the match I was in in June with one. I'm just such a turret whore and man they are awesome. That said it is a 39 oz Chinese pig, but I bet if it had a different name on it it would absolutely dominate the market. I also got it for $525 new with mount, throw lever, caps, bubble level, etc so its a homerun $ wise.

xdeano1

FNG
I was actually looking to pick up the Arken EPL4 4-16x44. The weight looks to be a decently light weight compared to most everything else in that price range. The other arken are pretty heavy
xdeano

jonandy

FNG
I was actually looking to pick up the Arken EPL4 4-16x44. The weight looks to be a decently light weight compared to most everything else in that price range. The other arken are pretty heavy
xdeano
I think Form is planning to do an Eval on that one. Can’t wait, as that does look very promising for the price/weight/Specs. My brother bought two of them. The first one came and I checked it out earlier today. They really seem great fit and finish wise. Would be cool if the reticle was a little better at 4x. I wish it only had 4 mils wind hold on each side of center and maybe only 6-8 mils of drop? I think that would improve low power visibility. It had only been mounted and not used yet. Hopefully they are reliable. I’d grab a couple if they end up doing good in Form’s evals.

nobody

WKR
Already done

jonandy

FNG
Already done

How did I miss that!! Looks like it did ok too. Thanks!

jonandy

FNG
🤷‍♂️ depends on your definition of “did ok,” but yeah, he’s testing it right now
Right! I guess what I mean is there are lots of others that have performed much worse. Ideally they would all pass every part of the eval.

quite honestly there's dozens of "me too" brands and we see no reason to bring in Arken as there's nothing we thought unique about them
That’s the problem with OEMs these days - they’ve made it too easy to start a line of optics. During this past show season saw a whole bunch of new optics that I didn’t recognize being introduced into this already saturated market. Not going to check any of them out unless I hear ”standout” reviews.

I’ve heard some very good reports of Arken from both reviewers on the web and folks I know. Shooters report the tracking is superb and consistent. So, I just couldn’t resist the deal on the ELP4 4-16x44 and took the plunge. Time will tell but I’m looking forward to testing it out.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We do not carry Arken. I've checked them out and quite honestly there's dozens of "me too" brands and we see no reason to bring in Arken as there's nothing we thought unique about them
Update

After meeting with Arken at SHOT we did decide to bring them in. Not because they reinvented the "wheel", as they haven't, but because they are offering the "wheel" with nice solid turrets, good quality control at a very reduced price point compared to similar "wheels".