Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Excellent hunt and photos once again! What does your entire tarp tent setup weigh in at? And how much space in the pack does it take up? After getting lucky with (comfort wise, not hunting wise) with no weather in NV last year, I can't imagine it being the same way for a 2nd year in a row. I hate packing in a tent. Thinking about a setup like you guys use.

Sightly modified Paratarp---11.5 oz

6 pegs and cord---3 oz

Slightly modified Integral Design Bugaboo Bivy--- 1lb 6 oz

So pretty UL for what you get...

Considering the Kifaru Megatarp weighs 1lb 5 oz's, choosing between the two is difficult!

stephen b

WKR
Great Job Aron and Marc! and thanks to Ryan for relaying info

Thoroughly enjoyed following the posts and really enjoyed the pics. Looks like a great time ( even though it is some work- ie: labor of love). But that is what we live for for the rest of the year.

I am getting some stuff ready for my hunt which starts in a couple of weeks and these posts were a great read and inspiration. Our Oregon lands do not have the quantity of animals that are running around Colorado- but it is still fun to go chase them.

Cheers, and have a great time on the future hunts. You guys are living the dream.

Gman

WKR
Here are some more pictures:

T2 ready to go at the trailhead:

DSC00639.jpg

The fact of DIY public land hunting - the competition:

DSC00640.jpg

Waiting out the rain:
DSC00653.jpg

Inside the para tarp - dry as can be:

DSC00654.jpg

Athens....

DSC00657.jpg

Gman

WKR
Even Elk Reapers need a nap from time to time

DSC00660.jpg

Tending the breakfast fire:

DSC00681.jpg

Binos on the tripod.

DSC00662.jpg

Cooking Muley backstraps in the fire on a flat rock. Tasty!

DSC00680.jpg

A huge moose - that scared the *#$! of me.

DSC00674.jpg

Ok Guys...I was doing ok with the pics until I watched the videos. NOW I am just plain dumb...simply worthless.... I am headed for Big Sky country tomorrow....Congrats again Aaron..well deserved....that big one is a PIG for sure !!