Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, all of the hunts will be "Live Hunts" or hunting stories at the least.

We don't have cell coverage in all areas, but I can text Ryan with updates through my Sat phone.

Gman

WKR
Have you or Aron looked at the alpine bivy from ID? It looks like its lighter and has 3D cut to it? I am torn between the two.

I just looked at on this site. Again, one of those compromise situations. It looks like it has less volume than the bugaboo and no bug netting. If it's just going to be an emergency shelter or a ground cloth replacement, looks good. If zipping that thing up all the way, it looks like a coffin! Again, I just looked at it on their website so I don't have any real experience with it. I don't think Aron does either.

Reflex

FNG
Congrats Aron! That's a great looking buck. When did you start wearing Kryptek?

Awesome, awesome, pic's. Nice buck Aron.
I heard a couple (6) short bugles at 9500' this weekend about 1.5 miles from the road at 2 a.m. .....the time is nearing

Congrats Aaron. No one more deserving given the information/help you provide to all that need it. great accomplishment.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC02123.jpg

On the way up on Thursday afternoon

DSC02125.jpg

Camp at 12,500 on Thursday night....raining like hell!

DSC02129.jpg

Drying things out on Friday morning

DSC02132.jpg

This is the second camp....where I met Marc on Friday afternoon

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC02136.jpg

Marc and I used Kifaru Paratarps and Integral Design bivy sacks for the hunt.

DSC02142.jpg

Taking a needed break and getting some needed grub before the climb to the summit

DSC02152-Copy.jpg

1,500 vertical feet of this will build character for sure!

DSC02158-Copy.jpg

The first buck I spotted in the basin! He ran into the treeline after we first glassed him up and bedded down for a couple hours.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC02235.jpg

It was great hunting with Marc and I can't thank him enough for all the help! Looking forward to the next trip with him into the high country....

BigSurArcher

Banned
Excellent hunt and photos once again! What does your entire tarp tent setup weigh in at? And how much space in the pack does it take up? After getting lucky with (comfort wise, not hunting wise) with no weather in NV last year, I can't imagine it being the same way for a 2nd year in a row. I hate packing in a tent. Thinking about a setup like you guys use.