Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Aron called. There back to mule deer. Spotted a little batch group with a 190+. Going to try a stalk on him tonight!

I watched a 320+ bull elk walk right by me at 85 yards today in a Meadow at 11000... I had an epiphany as if I had shot it... I was 12 miles back in the Weminuche with just me to pack it out.... Yeah... going to plan B. Good luck you guys!

Last edited:

Gman

WKR
Sorry for the lack of posts - cell reception has been hard to come by. We had a fun but uneventful morning. Elk aren't talking - we didn't expect them to this early - so we were on some fresh sign but no luck. Saw a bunch of cows up high so decided to climb up to 12K plus and half way up glassed a bowl we had scouted early. It was mule deer day at the pool. One was just enormous but hiding in thick timber. 2 were definite shooters and there was a little forky. Aron went to put a stalk on and I continued to climb to the summit so I could check in at home and maybe ambush the cows tonight. We both have light packs with bivy gear and one day of food. Weather has turned good.

UPDATE - just got a call from Aron tht he got a good size mulie!!! Says approx 160. I'm going so slurp down a hydration drink eat a stinger bar and drop close to 2k the climb anothe 1k and go help him. Pics to come!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345934995.432553.jpg