ATACR Sensitivity

NWVeteran

FNG
Anyone notice any sensitivity with this scope? Running a 5x25 and I am getting a lot of sensitivity on this scope.

The slightest vibration, or shouldering on a bag the reticle starts bouncing all over the place as opposed to a lot of other scopes where I notice a much stronger flatter anchor. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? What may be causing it? and or how to correct it?

Running an Atlas bipod and a bag for stabilization.

Unless your reticle is detached sounds like too much magnification, or a parallax issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless your reticle is detached sounds like too much magnification, or a parallax issue

My first time on this glass I was using a Birchwood Casey Alpha rest and thought it might have been from a wobbly table. My second time on the range I was just using a bipod and bag and noticed the same issue.

I pulled out a couple other rifles I had with me that day and had zero issues on the same range under the same conditions.

It was definitely more prominent under max magnification but was also getting some of the same issues on mid range.

My first time on this glass I was using a Birchwood Casey Alpha rest and thought it might have been from a wobbly table. My second time on the range I was just using a bipod and bag and noticed the same issue.

I pulled out a couple other rifles I had with me that day and had zero issues on the same range under the same conditions.

It was definitely more prominent under max magnification but was also getting some of the same issues on mid range.

My atacr s have quite nice optics and can make the reticle appear sensitive, if I move the power down it fixes that issue.

Parallax is adjusted correctly ?
Is this ffp or sfp?

My atacr s have quite nice optics and can make the reticle appear sensitive, if I move the power down it fixes that issue.

Parallax is adjusted correctly ?
Is this ffp or sfp?

I agree the glass is phenomenal.

My guess is it’s a parallax issue? Both times I adjusted my diopter and set reticle and then adjusted parallax but I will reset again this weekend.

If the parallax is set a functioning scope only tells you where the barrel is pointing. A higher magnification with greater detail will show as more movement. While in reality it's the same and you are only seeing what the others are missing. Do you have any other high magnification scopes?

I currently have 3 ATACR scopes and suspect this is the problem.

However it's possible to break anything. Are you getting a floating zero or inconsistent shooting? Reticle rotating inside the scope?

If the parallax is set a functioning scope only tells you where the barrel is pointing. A higher magnification with greater detail will show as more movement. While in reality it's the same and you are only seeing what the others are missing. Do you have any other high magnification scopes?

I currently have 3 ATACR scopes and suspect this is the problem.

However it's possible to break anything. Are you getting a floating zero or inconsistent shooting? Reticle rotating inside the scope?
I have multiple high power Leupold/Zeiss scopes. Looking through high power is not foreign to me but this is my first NF and the only scope I am seeing this issue with out of what I own.

I am wondering, now that I think about it - if it is in fact something wrong with the scope.

My first day on the range building my dope card I was shooting Nosler 180 Accubonds. I did not have my chronometer with me the first day but I did bring it the second time out.

On my second trip using more Nosler at the same range on the same targets my dope card was off. My zero was on and up to 300 yards. Everything further out I was off anywhere from .50 to 5 MOA. For example, I was hitting center at 700 day one. When I got to 700 again (day two) I was in the dirt and needed to come up 4 MOA. To note - There was a 6 mph crosswind left to right on my second trip.

I did not have my chronometer on my first trip but I can not imagine muzzle velocity can vary that much per box of the same ammo to affect drop that much?

Leads me to believe there could be an issue with the scope? What are your thoughts.

I called NF and they said the same thing it’s probably a parallax issue and to reset my reticle/parallax which I did again and it was fine.

Just kind of stumped on this one with the change in bullet drop and the sensitivity of the reticle.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Last thing I would try before sending it in to be checked out would be tear it all down and retorque all the screws. 2 weeks ago my FIL replaced his scope and it went from a sub-moa gun to sub-12moa gun. We thought for sure it was the scope, but it checked out ok on my other rifle. Turned out to be his rear action screw wasn't torqued correctly.

I had a similar issue with an atacr 4-16x50. Turned out it was parallax. I wasn’t aware the marked yardages on the parallax knob are not accurate. Once I figured that out, I set my diopter appropriately. Then I put a thin piece of duct tape over the marked yardages on my parallax knob. I went to the range and made my own parallax marks.

You probably already know the parallax yardages are not correct. Just thought I’d throw it out there just in case.

Back