Atlasworx Tikka bottom metal?

Muttly

WKR
Anybody using these in a T3/T3x?
Getting curious about these, wondering about pros and cons, fit and finish, how the factory magazine fits and functions?
Would be going into 7 Mag T3x in a McMillan..

Sled

WKR
mine came in a week ago but i haven't put it on yet. finish looks great.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They were sold out when I was in the market so I ended up with one from mountain tactical which I like very much.

Dos XX

WKR
I am using their bottom metal with a T3 in a McMillan Hunter stock. No problems. Feeds as problem free as the factory bottom plastic.

OP
M

Muttly

WKR
Appreciate the replies!
Just got the Mickey back after getting a little length added to it. Switched the Tikka back into it, will hafta round up the trigger guard next.

Bones

WKR
I have a bell and Carlson on my Tikka, but I had magazine issues with the atlas works bottom metal. They also don’t have the best return policy out there. Maybe it works better on different stocks, but I went with the bottom metal from high desert. I have had them both in hand, and the high desert was far better than the atlas works. https://highdesertrifleworks.com/collections/all

OP
M

Muttly

WKR
Interesting to hear that. Was looking at the high desert originally, might hafta reexamine that..

Depending on how they were designed, they may require a specific inlet for whatever stock you use with them. Proper magazine feed lip height and case head presentation is a big reason why I pillar bed stocks and trim pillars to the perfect height. FWIW I haven’t used the bottom metal in question but wanted to throw this out there as it may yet be a quality made piece.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

WKR
Agreed Mike. That being said, the atlas works doesn’t match the tikka stainless if that is what you are going for. It is quite a bit different tone. Not that it is bad, just something to note.

OP
M

Muttly

WKR
Not the best way to correct a problem, but, using the plastic trigger guard in the McMillan, magazine started binding as I increased the torque. Got a sacrificial feeler gauge handy for getting it government close. Went quick and dirty yesterday, grabbed the first likely looking piece of pre drilled metal, shimmied the rear of the guard.
Only torqued it down to 50 lbs, magazine drop not quite where I want it, but functional, and feed from the magazine was all right.
Good enough to sneak off to the range, try out the new stock.
:)

OP
M

Muttly

WKR
That being said, still definitely a work in progress..
On a different note, liking the Tikka/SWFA/Hellfire brake combo a LOT!!
Like it even better in the new stock! Have had a sneaking suspicion that the brake made it a softer shooter than the 257 Robert's Montana I have kicking around. Finally took the 257 along yesterday, and sure enough. With 100 grain Sierras, and 44.5 grains of 4451, the Kimber has a little more kick. With a startling load of RL15, and 85 grain Hornadys, about the same.
And the Kimber feels TINY after jumping over from the Tikka.

Last edited:
I have an atlas on one t3 and a mountain tac on my other t3 and the mountain tac looks and feels better in my opinion.