Mountain Tactical bottom metal Problems

OP
Hoggetter

Hoggetter

FNG
Hopefully once the Mnt Tactical owner concedes they have the problem, their research and developer will solve the issue with the bottom metal. Probably gonna take a little time for them to correct it.
Taking ownership of problems can be a hard pill to swallow for a small business.

I think I had this problem and I just squared off the catch point on the mags and seems to fix the problem on mine. However the MT tactical BM doesn't work with the new stockys stock I got. The bolt doesn't pick up the shell. So I went back to the factory BM and it solved the problem of picking up rounds.

I think I had this problem and I just squared off the catch point on the mags and seems to fix the problem on mine. However the MT tactical BM doesn't work with the new stockys stock I got. The bolt doesn't pick up the shell. So I went back to the factory BM and it solved the problem of picking up rounds.
My Stocky's Tikka VG feeds fine with the MT bottom metal after I filed the mag catch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jeff.s

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Is anybody having problems with the current Mountain Tactical T3x bottom metal’s being machined poorly and the loaded magazine falls out on the ground when fired. I have four bottom metals from them that were purchased at the last quarter of 2023.
I used them in three different stocks and actions and they Fall out under recoil and all the rifles have muzzle brakes.
I called them and sent the bottom metals back to them for inspection and or replacement in December. Now three months later ( mid March ) I received them back and they appear to look the same. So I took them to the range today for testing and installed on my already proven and vetted 7PRC, loaded the mags. The RESULTS are the same, the mags fell out after every shot.
If you single feed with empty mag then the mag stays in the bottom metal.

I have built alot of Tikka’s with their BM and they work great. The old style has a smaller rectangle trigger hole and the problem ones have a Large rectangular hole.
Please Comment if you currently have this problem.View attachment 690728
Hello to all. We are aware of this. We have redesigned the magazine release. Again, we have checked all measurements of the bottom metal and everything is in spec. Have the stocks of these rifle systems that are having this issue been modified?

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
The problem is I can use my oem bottom metal on a manners eh1, eht, and t4 without any issues. Same goes for my high desert tikka bottom metal with no modifications. With mt mag not so much. Very frustrating

No modification on my stock. It's a Stocky's Tikka VG. The stock bottom metal works just fine with it. When I try your bottom metal the mag will not lock in. I had to file the mag catch down and it locks in now if I smack it real hard.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
The problem is I can use my oem bottom metal on a manners eh1, eht, and t4 without any issues. Same goes for my high desert tikka bottom metal with no modifications. With mt mag not so much. Very frustrating
This must be a new problem, because I have 2 manners with MT bottom metals that work.

Hopefully they get it fixed