Automated Annealing Machine

Traynut

FNG
It is a piece of weldable steel from Ace Hardware.

I cut it out at my basement workbench with a lot of dremel cut off wheels, a drill press and a dremel sanding drums. I had a lot of sharpie lines made with a straight edge and caliper for my layout prior to cutting it out. I had the front cover powder coated and then a buddy that has a laser engraving business engrave it. I think I was $60 for powder coating and $20 for the engraving. Definitely could have just spray painted and saved money but I wanted it to look how I wanted.

I have the file and could change the logos out pretty easy for anyone wanting one engraved. Some might not like my little play on AMPs logo but at heart I'm a smart ass. :)

I could also probably give the file to another buddy with a CNC mill and get everything cut out a lot easier than the dremel and drill method. I am not sure what he'd charge me to do that though.

View attachment 658245
Thanks mcr-85, I'm in northern AZ, I'll check around my area for company's who can do laser engraving and powder coating. I'm just starting to order parts for my annealer build. I'm looking forward to it. You certainly gave me some great ideas for the front cover. I'll try to get my annealer posted once I get er built.

Traynut

OP
mcr-85

mcr-85

WKR
Thanks mcr-85, I'm in northern AZ, I'll check around my area for company's who can do laser engraving and powder coating. I'm just starting to order parts for my annealer build. I'm looking forward to it. You certainly gave me some great ideas for the front cover. I'll try to get my annealer posted once I get er built.

Traynut
Good luck! If you end up using the computer case and want this file for the front cover let me know. I can help you out.

Traynut

FNG
Good luck! If you end up using the computer case and want this file for the front cover let me know. I can help you out.
As a matter of fact I just ordered a computer case off of Ebay today, so that would be great to get those files.

Cheers!