Average rifle shot distance

I've shot a couple bulls at just over 400 yards while laying down over backpacks. Shortest shot was 55 yards. Most of the bulls I have shot have averaged 180 yds. away. Looking back I believe stalking close enough for a 180 yd. shot was more enjoyable than taking the 400 yd. shots. It all depends on what the terrain allows.

25, 70, 30, 90, and 450 yds.

The 450 yd shot was made in poor judgement on my part, but thankfully the bull died quickly and I don't plan to presume on luck again...

346, 37* and 110.

Avg 164

Plus the ones I’ve been apart of... 330, 24* 142, 220, 245.

Avg combined 182
*archery kills

it was a double too so that was cool. we had a herd working around us about to get our wind. we did the 1 2 3 shoot and my friend shot a cow at about 30 yards
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of “1 2 3 shoot” actually working. We’ve tried it on numerous coyotes and it never works. Someone always shoots on 2 1/2 haha

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of “1 2 3 shoot” actually working. We’ve tried it on numerous coyotes and it never works. Someone always shoots on 2 1/2 haha
well the deal was actually i would shoot since i had the 220 yard shot and the other guy had a cow at 30 yards. i swear it sounded like one shot though lol

Back