AZ early season OTC mule deer archery hunt unit?

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
I believe if you hunt down south unit 29 is only a two week hunt in January, can’t remember for sure and 30a and 30b have a lot of private land to deal with...

AZ32

FNG
27 can be weather dependent for January OTC. Might want to consider early season for 27 and one of the desert units for December or January

Ramsey445

FNG
Just know that unit 27 is NOT open in December. January and Aug/Sep only for archery. Personally, I think there are some better desert units for a Dec/Jan hunt
Me and my brother are planning our first mule deer hunt this coming January. He was looking at unit 27. What are the other options you think would be better? Also with it being rut should we expect them to be moving at all times like the whitetail do that we hunt in Arkansas. Thanks for any advise.

work765

WKR
I’m going this year in janurary. Going to do javelina and mule deer. CO and it’s left over deer tags can kiss my $@&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bohntr

WKR
Me and my brother are planning our first mule deer hunt this coming January. He was looking at unit 27. What are the other options you think would be better? Also with it being rut should we expect them to be moving at all times like the whitetail do that we hunt in Arkansas. Thanks for any advise.

I would pick a unit from Region V or VI and hunt the first two weeks of January.

OP
uh60Crewchief
Thanks for all the advice, guys. Looks like I'm set on Unit 27. Leaving in three days. This was the only hunt that worked into my schedule this season (upcoming deployment).

Anyone have any advice on hunting within Unit 27 and what the Mule deer habits are this time of year? I am going to assume my time is going to consist of trying to locate bucks, and when I find them, they'll likely be in larger bachelor groups?

Andy

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
My brother haa been scouting unit 27 for a few weekends now. He also had set up cameras during the week.he hasnt really seen much mulies, more whietails then anything else and a few bears.

ChanMan

FNG
I was wondering how your early season hunt ended up going? Hopefully it was a success! We hunted 27 in January and it was a lot of fun but very tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk