Back to work Vax status

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
Your not protecting anyone. I guess that’s if you “believe the science”. Might even be detrimental if your asymptotic and giving it to everyone.
I guess if someone rejects both science and religion, I do not think we will be changing anyone's minds.

Psnguyen

FNG
It's a tough position to be in as an employer I'm sure, I got vaccinated with booster and still caught bad COVID over Christmas break

sneaky

"DADDY"
Getting a disease is still possible with practically any vaccine. Just like others, getting vaccinated against Covid on average reduces but does not eliminate your chances of catching it in the first place (less so now with Omicron, but still a reduction), reduces the severity of the illness when you've got it, and reduces but does not eliminate the period a person is contagious. All good things.

There is zero choice involved in the fact of whether or not getting vaccinated is right for you. Unless you're a one-in-a-million medical oddity, you're better off getting vaccinated. That's just how it is, and thousands of pages of scientific journal articles (most from scientists with no connection to the vaccine makers) prove it many times over. No amount of disagreement by Joe Rogan can change the fact that your probability of a bad outcome (death or serious injury) is much higher when taking your chances with the virus than getting vaccinated, and that's true for practically everybody.

The only "personal" aspect to this is whether you've figured that out, or instead been duped by con artists promoting the anti-vax view for fame and money (Patreon dollars, podcast ad revenue, etc).

Standing up for beliefs when those beliefs are wrong isn't a virtue. Changing them is.

Everything you put in your body contains "who knows what type of chemicals." The food you eat, the water you drink, even the air you breathe. Venison is made of chemicals. You can go a whole year without putting in your body anything more meticulously vetted for safety than the ingredients in these vaccines.
You really wanna die on that hill of defending a vaccine that they won't release the safety data on? That they have blanket immunity from being sued from side effects? How the hell is that properly vetted?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
I guess if someone rejects both science and religion, I do not think we will be changing anyone's minds.
You still get and still pass it vax or not your whole premise is wrong the last 2 weeks proves it with out a shadow of a doubt. Using a religion as a weapon to guilt people is what it is. They have been doing that for centuries.

FLATHEAD

WKR
If you can still get the Covid after 2 vaccines and a booster (quite apparent that you can - only not as bad).
That sounds a lot like an over the counter medicine that treats the symptoms.
Not much different than Nyquil or Tylenol PM.
Some vaccine huh?

big44a4

WKR
My Engineering/Land Surveying firm doesn't require it but all my 18 employees but one has been vaccinated.

I gave a monetary bonus for all that did so.

Here come the couldn’t pay me enough so I’ll get it started. +1 you could not afford me. But props to you for finding that kind of loyalty you can take that team to the finish line. Same as my team here which none of us even submitted status request last week.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
My Engineering/Land Surveying firm doesn't require it but all my 18 employees but one has been vaccinated.

I gave a monetary bonus for all that did so.

? So you willfully segregated workers in your company by vax status, and gave a bonus to those who did? What were you rewarding?

? So you willfully segregated workers in your company by vax status, and gave a bonus to those who did? What were you rewarding?
State mandated time-off pay for getting the vaccine that we instead used as a bonus for our employees. Is that willfully segregating my employees?

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
State mandated time-off pay for getting the vaccine that we instead used as a bonus for our employees. Is that willfully segregating my employees?

Mate, your initial post said you had all but one employee get vaxxed and you gave those that did a bonus.

If you gave people a bonus for getting vaxxed (as opposed to reimbursing their time to do so) you have indeed segregated your employees by vax status.

Mate, your initial post said you had all but one employee get vaxxed and you gave those that did a bonus.

If you gave people a bonus for getting vaxxed (as opposed to reimbursing their time to do so) you have indeed segregated your employees by vax status
We'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not I segregated my employees by offering the bonus for getting the vaccine. If I would have required the vaccine then you would be correct.

I offered it to all employees beforehand and only one chose to not receive it.

523xi3.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is a reason every major church has come out in favor of vaccinations- morally we must all try to protect the weak or defenseless. The most basic of Christian teachings.
First of all, how do you define a "major church"? What are it's characteristics versus a "minor church"? That is weird.......

Also, wasn't the so-called vaccine supposed to "protect the weak or defenseless"? And gee.......the weak and defenseless have the same freedom, the same liberty, and the same opportunity to get the shots, or refuse to get the shots as everybody else. Just as everybody has the same freedoms and rights to isolate in their own homes if they're that fearful of this virus. That is no one else's responsibility but their own.

And on top of all that.........if there's one thing that this virus and these so-called vaccines have shown us........it's that these shots do absolutely nothing positive for anyone EXCEPT perhaps give those individuals a little bit more antibodies to help protect from the effects of the virus for a very short period of time. Other than that.......the vaccinated are getting and spreading the virus as much as anyone else.......and perhaps even more so, because they may not be showing any symptoms of having the virus.

It's time to start using logic instead of emotions and voodoo and whatever else most people use these days.......that's the only thing that stays consistent in life. Logic and the ability to reason is the only thing that separates us from the animals.

Last edited:

Yoder

WKR
If we didn't get vaxxed by I think 1/4 we were fired. I had no plan of ever getting it but did it to stay employed.

FJB

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
First of all, how do you define a "major church"? What are it's characteristics versus a "minor church"?
Churches in favor of Covid vaxination:
Catholic, Judiasm (Reform, Orthodox, and Conservative), Islam, Eastern Orthodox, Amish, Anglican, Baptist, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, Quakers and Pentecostal Christians, Congregational, Episcopalian, Lutheran, Methodist (including African Methodist Episcopal), Presbyterian, Seventh-Day Adventist, Unitarian-Universalist

Opposed:
Dutch Reformed Church and Church of Christ, Scientist, Faith Tabernacle, Church of the First Born, Faith Assembly, End Time Ministries,

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Churches in favor of Covid vaxination:
Catholic, Judiasm (Reform, Orthodox, and Conservative), Islam, Eastern Orthodox, Amish, Anglican, Baptist, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, Quakers and Pentecostal Christians, Congregational, Episcopalian, Lutheran, Methodist (including African Methodist Episcopal), Presbyterian, Seventh-Day Adventist, Unitarian-Universalist

Opposed:
Dutch Reformed Church and Church of Christ, Scientist, Faith Tabernacle, Church of the First Born, Faith Assembly, End Time Ministries,
I wouldn't call those "churches", I'd call them organizations and/or religions.......especially from a Biblical perspective. My direction and following doesn't come from an organization or its human leaders, it comes from the Lord God Almighty and His Word........which is also where our rights come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.