Backpack for waterfowl

Ozark

FNG
What backpacks, carts, or sleds are all you public land waterfowlers using to haul your gear?
Thanks,
Ozark

Rob5589

WKR
Cabela's cart I have had for years, one of the usual sleds fits on top, bag of dekes, blind bag for ammo, gear, snacks, etc.

I am still waiting on my royalties from Sitka...

Anyhow- when hiking any type of distance into our duck spots we lash our decoy bags to a pack frame. In particular, I use an old Cabelas Alaskan frame. I haven’t carried a decoy bag not lashed to a frame in 20+ years.

For goose hunting we use custom built four wheeled carts to get all of our stuff into the fields.

OP
O

Ozark

FNG
I have been using a 7200 cu in eberlestock blue widow but still find myself wanting more space. I have been thinking about the pack frame route.

Brendan

WKR
New waterfowl hunter. Because I don't want to buy more new gear while I figure out what I'm doing, I just use my Kifaru. EMR2 or Muskeg 5K.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
A boat, or a Polaris Ranger, depending on if I'm hunting public or one of my private leases.

If I'm hunting public timber and have to park the boat and walk to the hole, I'll bring a jet sled. It's a decent size one, will hold around 4 dozen decoys. I use texas rigged decoys 99% of the time, if I need to bring more I just put them around my neck. I've never been a believer that you need a blind bag stuffed with crap to hunt ducks or geese. I use a Filson strap vest. Shells and a wind indicator in the front pockets, thermos/TP/bird straps/gloves/etc in the back pouch. I've been going this route for the last 10 years with no issues.

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Initial Ascent has a decoy bag that attaches to thier frame system making it very comfortable to carry for long distances. Maybe they'll post up some info
@Team Initial Ascent
This might be of interest.

https://initialascent.com/product/decoy-hauler-kit/

The Decoy Hauler is designed to fit seamlessly with our existing frame and suspension system creating a total modular experience. Our quick connect system makes the transition from backcountry hunter to waterfowl hunter in a few minutes. You have never experienced comfort like this before when hauling decoys. Our suspension system is designed to transition the weight into your hips verses on your shoulders. The hip-belt uses a two-stage smart foam within the lumbar region providing unmatched comfort and support making this the most comfortable decoy bag on the market.

• Dimension 52”x 24”
  • Capacity to carry 2 dozen decoys
  • Materials UV resistant heavy-duty mesh. 1000D Cordura®. Duraflex® hardware
  • Oversized pocket 18”x 10” ideal for carrying Mojo® decoy
  • Two side pockets 20”x 5” capable of carrying full boxes of shells. Pockets also allow for securing a shotgun to the bag on the right or left side
  • Drawstring designed for maximum capacity
  • 4 D-Ring locations to secure lanyards or carabiners for tangle free weight systems
  • 2 horizontal compression straps on exterior of bag
  • 2 compression straps that connect into load lifter slots on frame for added stability
  • Oversized boot handle to aid in pulling out decoys
  • $499.95

WKR

WKR
Rogers tough man cart (really great cart)
Jet sled (need to buy the XL)
Benelli blind bag

Attachments

• 20201121_134348.jpg
    20201121_134348.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201121_123748.jpg
    20201121_123748.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 11

Oregon

WKR
Only thing I use.