Hunting backpack

pshoot

FNG
Looking for a small to medium size camo or a multicam backpack for hunting. What are you all using for your hunting backpacks?

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Are you planning on hauling meat with it or just some gear?

EXO and SG. I had Kifaru but I sold it. I look for a pack that can separate from the frame for load hauling and one that unzips at least 3/4 of the way for the main bag. I hate bags that are top loading only.

UncleBone

WKR
How much are they going for? I don't see a price, it just says to call for availability.
It was $260 yesterday, but Im not sure if theyd honor that price since it is a daily deal sight. worth calling and asking.

Behyot

FNG
It was $260 yesterday, but Im not sure if theyd honor that price since it is a daily deal sight. worth calling and asking.
Thanks! I didn't realize it was a daily deal thing, I should have looked more into it. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with different options and price points.

UncleBone

WKR
Thanks! I didn't realize it was a daily deal thing, I should have looked more into it. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with different options and price points.
No problem. Sometimes you find really good deals on camofire for sure. if they dont sell out, expect to see it on there again shortly. Always worth a shot to give them a call and see if they still have some at that price though. I have had them honor a deal that was no longer available before. Packs are like boots, they all fit differently, and everyone has a brand they typically go with. Mystery ranch makes a decent pack, although not quite the right fit for me. For a steep discount on it, it is definitely worth trying out to see if it suits you. Otherwise for a similar pack from a different company, you could be looking at 5 to 600 dollars.

ARK08

FNG
I got the XOP Stryker. $69 and it can hold my EWO Onestick (inside), as well as knee pads and other accessories.

I don't pack out any game, so I didn't need/want anything large with a frame.

Jimbee

WKR
I just bought a Mystery Ranch Popup 30. Seems comfortable and about the size I'm looking for. If you do haul something in the load shelf it looks like you'll be smooshing everything in the pack when you cinch the straps. Also, made in Vietnam.

UncleBone

WKR
The pintler is back up on camofire, along with the metcalf, and some stone glacier packs as well.

Mt Al

WKR
IMHO, any 2500 - 3200 pack with meat hauling capability covers 95% of hunting pack needs. We have an embarrassment of riches among the known brands, all of which make excellent packs.

The Pintler listed above has the guide light frame which means if you want to go multi overnights, just strap more bags/pouches to the top, sides, back and/or bottom. Same frame as MR packs with more bag capacity. It's big enough to stuff puffies inside for a cold day hunt. Tough to beat. I have the Selway and if it dies, highly unlikely in my lifetime, I'd opt for the Pintler.

Pick almost any of the other brands, SG, Exo, etc. and they'll have something similar.