Backpacking Pillow

OP
B
I decided to go with the Klymit Luxe. Im going to dab some silicone on my XTherm and Pillow to help it stick. I always have trouble sleeping in the backcountry and I think its because of my pillow situation. Hoping the Luxe changes that!!

Hank Hill

FNG
I am looking for recommendations on a good comfortable lightweight backcountry pillow. I am a side sleeper so I need something relatively full. I have an air filled pillow but It slides off my pad all night. What is everyone using?
I havent put this idea into action, but I've thought about applying dots of clear silicone to the bottom of mine (as well as my sleeping pad both top and bottom) to keep from sliding around

Troutnut

FNG
I used a Thermarest pillow for years, always wrapped in some clothing so I'm not sleeping on bare scratchy plastic. Then I got a Nemo Fillo Elite for last year and it's a huge improvement... very lightweight and packable but comes attached to its own stuff sack and soft fabric.

slim9300

WKR
What shelter is that?

HMG UltaMid 4 with 1/2 floor/bug mesh. I also have the full floor and bug mesh (see below). You won’t find a lighter and more capable large shelter. It’s fully capable of 60+ mph winds and it’s 111” wide x 111” long x 75” tall. The outer pyramid shelter is about 1.5# (you can run this floorless of course), the full insert is about 1.75# and the half insert is 1.15#.

3d4c7adda5579e30910b5348afe7b32d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was always a stuff sack with clothes or a jacket stuff in as a pillow guy Did that for 20 years before buying a western mountaineering cloud rest pillow. I’ll never go back.

I've used the sea-to-summit aeros for the last 3 years, and it's a major step up from using a stuff sack that deflates throughout the night. Hard to beat for 3 oz in the pack, but I'm sure some of the heavier down and foam pillows are more comfortable.