What is your favorite backpacking pillow?

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried self inflating, air chamber and hybrid pillows. Some are better than others. I can be a wrestlers sleeper and sleep on my back/side/belly all in 1 night.

Please list this info in your post:
1 What is your favorite pillow?
2 What is your sleeping position ?
3 Why is that pillow better than the others you tried?

1. Klymit inside a Goosefeet Gear Down.
Not too heavy,warm and thickness right.
2. Also use a Sea to Summit Down which is super light and velcros onto mat.
3. Thermarest Compressible is also good but is now the wifes.

You will need to try a few and details like how they fit in the hood of your bag will matter.
I sleep back and either side until shoulders complain.

Last edited:

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Thermarest airhead.
Side sleeper. I flip over a lot.
It has the most comfortable shape and cover, to me, at an acceptable weight penalty. The shape is better to me than others I have tried.

OP
G

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
A cheap air pillow with a goose feet gear down cover gives me the best nights sleep I’ve ever had in the backcountry.
I am not familiar with the goose feet gear down cover. I will have to look into this.
I got an inflatable from Zpacks with an elastic cord that keeps it in place on the pad. I flop around all night and it almost always stays in place.
I love the elastic cord idea. I may have to do a DIY upgrade. Since I switched to a quilt, this has been my biggest problem. No hood to hold the pillow in place.

My Pillow Roll n Go. I need a real type pillow. I’m a stomach/side sleeper. I may try adding a little fill to a Therm a rest compressible pillow. Need my wife to fix her sewing machine first.

DuckDogDr

WKR
Are you guys ordering the small or the medium in the goose gear pillows with the air pillow?

I've been using a Nemo self inflate for a few years and that thing is awesome. Side and face down sleeper. I'm a fan of how consistent it is, it will always feel the same.

d3r1k

FNG
- I’ve tried the Sierra Designs Animas, Nemo Fillo, Trekology, and S2S Aeros premium.
- I sleep all over the place: stomach, back, and side.
- I’m currently using the S2S Aeros premium. It’s comfortable, lightweight, and has enough height for side sleeping. The Nemo Fillo was probably the most comfortable but it’s significantly heavier. The trekology has a nasty chemical taste when inflating and was probably the least comfortable. The Animas was light but nothing special comfort wise.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
I have a my pillow travel pillow(can't remember if that's what it's actually called) and it's made it into my pack the last 3 seasons. Lightweight and comfortable. I can't do one of those blown up ones. Next best thing would be a stuff sack with clothes you're not wearing.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
This might sound stupid, but my kids got me a couple of these critters for who-knows-why and they are the PERFECT camp pillow for me. You can compress them down to about nothing, but they loft right back up and gave me the best nights sleep in the backcountry I've had in years.

Of course, all my buddies laugh at me (while nursing their sore necks...lol) and tell me I had to have my "Woobie" with me...LOL

Woobie

Poser

WKR
Nemo Fillo is my favorite single pillow, but I stack it on top of a Klymit as I’m a side sleeper with wide shoulders and need 2 pillow to keep my neck in a neutral position. I use a Goosefoot Gear pillow stuffed with clothes between my knees (and then proceed to change sides 250’times over the course of the night….).