Ballistic App that Allows Truing a Curve

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the best ballistic app out there right now that allows you to true a curve to hard data that has been shot on the range? I’d like to be able to enter in my verified dope from 0-1200 yards at the temperature and elevation I shot it, and then change it in the future for different elevations and temp ranges.

I have a kestrel ab but don’t really want to pay the $300 right now to update it to the elite version. I’ve messed around with hornady 4 dof and it’s okay but doesn’t have a truing feature. Even doing everything exactly perfect I’ve never had an app actually line up perfectly like they claim, it always needs a bit of truing.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
AB phone app allows truing velocity. $30 app. (It does not require the extended ranges that it lists, those are just for best results). PM me your data, I can send you what it kicks out first before you buy.

Although, my best advice is that dope is rarely in need of actual calibration, and typically its incorrect inputs that gives incorrect results. I used to use the calibration feature a lot thinking it was the easy button, but it usually lead to worse results in the long run. Focusing on accurate inputs is the best.

Attachments

• IMG_1509.png
    IMG_1509.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 15

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
AB phone app allows truing velocity. $30 app. (It does not require the extended ranges that it lists, those are just for best results). PM me your data, I can send you what it kicks out first before you buy.

Although, my best advice is that dope is rarely in need of actual calibration, and typically its incorrect inputs that gives incorrect results. I used to use the calibration feature a lot thinking it was the easy button, but it usually lead to worse results in the long run. Focusing on accurate inputs is the best.
If you upgrade to Elite, it will be to full AB.

I agree, accurate inputs are vital. To that, I would add that you need to test your turret and get very accurate ranges for shots and zero.

User error is bigger source of issues before the system.

Check out the new Snipers Hide Gravity Ballistics. You plug in your actual dope and then creates a curve. It isn’t “predictive” like ballistic apps.

What’s the best ballistic app out there right now that allows you to true a curve to hard data that has been shot on the range? I’d like to be able to enter in my verified dope from 0-1200 yards at the temperature and elevation I shot it, and then change it in the future for different elevations and temp ranges.

I have a kestrel ab but don’t really want to pay the $300 right now to update it to the elite version. I’ve messed around with hornady 4 dof and it’s okay but doesn’t have a truing feature. Even doing everything exactly perfect I’ve never had an app actually line up perfectly like they claim, it always needs a bit of truing.
I use both Hornady 4DOF and AB Elite, 4DOF has a truing function if you're using the 4DOF side and not the BC calculator. Its called "Axial Form Factor" and found when you go to edit rifle info in setting the Zero Angle from the HUD. That being said you have to use a bullet from the 4DOF Library and in the testing I've done with it works pretty well to true the ballistics.

AB Elite works well too, my best results were from using their Custom Drag Model and then truing the DSF in the transonic and subsonic ranges. If truing MV without using a CDM the bullet needs to be above Mach1.2 (in the 400-600yd range) and have good gyroscopic stability (Sg that is great than 1.4), but you still have to deal with DSF truing in the transonic range.