Barnes TTSX vs LRX ... help a novice out?

grifmXC

FNG
I'm sticking with the TTSX as I want deep penetration on moose or bears and either will work fine if I was to sheep hunt again.

Given the same impact velocity, you wouldn’t be able to see the difference in penetration between a 129gr LRX and a 130gr TTSX. With hand loads you should be able to push either at nearly identical muzzle velocities, with the higher BC of the LRX that velocity will bleed off slower resulting in higher velocity at range and more penetration. Given the velocities states in the OPs first post the LRX will definitely penetrate deeper because it’s already starting out with more velocity.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

williaada

WKR
has anyone noticed the availability of the ttsx vs the LRX? I reload and am trying to find enough bullets to last me while.

For the .270 Win, can anyone tell me the practical difference between the 2? What I see in specs are:
  • Weight - Adv TTSX +1gr
  • Velocity - Adv LRX 3140 vs 3060
  • BC - Adv LRX .463 vs .392
  • I have no idea how the TTSX Boat Tail differs from the LRX Boat Tail
I am shooting the LRX, because they cost the same. With my current ability, I would not see shooting past 600yds, and likely not past 400. Any insight into if there is any reason to try the TTSX, is appreciated.

Phil
I've had a bit of trouble with TTSX's penciling through a few deer (200 yards, whitetails) and having to track them a bit further than I would have liked, so I've opted for the LRX's. Bonus is the LRX's (139's and 145's) shoot better in my guns.

JFK

WKR
has anyone noticed the availability of the ttsx vs the LRX? I reload and am trying to find enough bullets to last me while.

Neither are available unless you are lucky to find them in stock somewhere or go through Gunbroker. Unlike powder, you can find them on gunbroker for prices pretty much in line with retail.

amassi

WKR
Lrx production seems to outpace ttsx so far as the lrx is more often available in larger quantities.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The .308 168 ttsx is a functionally a LRX before they started marketing the LRX as such.

Yeah knew that. I’ve found loads that just shoot light out and load super easy with hammer bullets so that’s what I’m using from here on out in 6.5 creed and 308. Everything else will get the nosler partitions and accubonds.

SDHNTR

WKR
Yeah knew that. I’ve found loads that just shoot light out and load super easy with hammer bullets so that’s what I’m using from here on out in 6.5 creed and 308. Everything else will get the nosler partitions and accubonds.
Roger that. I shoot some hammers too. I’m not 100% sold on their concept but they are easy to load for. Only one cow elk so far. Need more dirt naps.