Barns TSX performance.

OXN939

WKR
Out of my 30-06 I would have to set the jugs up short of 400 yards to get velocities in the 2200 fps range. I'll need to reload a few reduced load rounds to simplify the process.

Your GMX testing at 100 yards, was that out of 30-06 factory round? If so, that bullet would still be around 2730 fps (Superperformance) or 2597 fps (Full Boar).

Nope, that was out of a 20" .308 carbine. MV chronographed at 2540. Federal Factory 165 gr. Barnes TSX data inbound within the next week or so.

BigLost

FNG
I took a Pronghorn a couple years ago with a 129 LRX in my .270 Win, 311 yards. Took 2 steps and tipped over, was a complete pass through (quartering towards me, entered in front of the right shoulder, exited behind the left.) I was very happy with the performance and run Barnes in anything I'm hunting with. IMG_4898.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 25

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Good stuff here. Probably worthy of a revisit to this past discussion with hopefully some new, more recent LRX,TSX, and TTSX first hand reports.

I recently ran a batch of 127LRX/H1000 through my 6.5-284 for barrel break-in starting at Barnes’ min. data 47.0 gr up to 50.6 gr in 0.4gr increments. All 100 yd groups were good 1MOA or less except for a couple mess-ups by me. MV maximum at 50.6 was only 2,662 so there was definitely more velocity to be achieved. Groups were getting tighter with increasing MV.

VernAK

WKR
I shoot Barnes TSX, TTSX and LRX out of several rifles and have recovered a few. I like the performance and penetration. I also think Alaska will some day face the requirement to use non-lead bullets on federal lands which is 2/3rds of Alaska.

One aspect of the Barnes bullets that intrigues me is the way the rotation on impact bends the pedals off to one side. I've always wondered if that has any effect on the internals of that critter.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
I shoot Barnes TSX, TTSX and LRX out of several rifles and have recovered a few. I like the performance and penetration.
….. and folks certainly can appreciate their bullet availability.

Side note: March 2022 I shot about 6 boxes of 6.5 CM Barnes Precision Match ammo over a two day period at steel out to 1K. Someone else’s Rem 700 rifle. The ammo undoubtedly performed great. This was just shooting for fun/learning and I’m just an average, everyday, nuttin’ special rifle shot. In this picture, there’s a steel target at tip of red arrow that was approx. 2’x2’ & at 680 yards. Had to find the target without being told where it was. It was a hoot & fun to shoot! 👍

Attachments

• IMG_8830.jpeg
    IMG_8830.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: