Base Camp Food

This is weird to me, getting out in wilderness type adventures but thinking about posting food pictures for instagram type attention.

Not meaning to be rude to each his own, I thought the same thing reading a post a couple days ago where a guy was showing how he watches movies while in camp hunting.

Getting away from all that is the best part of taking these trips to me.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
This is weird to me, getting out in wilderness type adventures but thinking about posting food pictures for instagram type attention.

Not meaning to be rude to each his own, I thought the same thing reading a post a couple days ago where a guy was showing how he watches movies while in camp hunting.

I don't think this gentleman wants any "attention " . The camping and food and comeradery are as important to some hunters as going" steep and deep" are to others .

bj00pb

FNG
I agree with Kampkook and Chris B. Love the food pics btw!!! Basecamp food is a great morale booster and a rejuvenation of some sorts before and after spiking in for a few nights. My group is lucky enough to have "Mom" come out for the trip and she takes pride in making sure food is great and plenty to go around. She's been there for 25 years, but at 73 she cannot hunt much any more. Although there's plenty of other things that's needed for the hunt that she enjoys doing, cooking is her thing. Burgers, steaks, pork chops are some of the regulars.... but the post-hunt bluegill and crappie filets that she freezes and brings on the trip from PA to CO are the camp favorite. We all know this won't last forever... but for now she's a group staple. 👍👍 to Kampkook and for any other camp cooks out there!!

OP
K

Kampkook

FNG

Hmm well guess we are all different. My phone is full of photos of what I am passionate about Family, hunting, fishing and cooking. I have a sense of accomplishment for cooking a good meal in camp and I just like to document it for reference later. I definitely don’t do it for the instagram attention.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm well guess we are all different. My phone is full of photos of what I am passionate about Family, hunting, fishing and cooking. I have a sense of accomplishment for cooking a good meal in camp and I just like to document it for reference later. I definitely don’t do it for the instagram attention.
I doubt you would eat as good but your welcome in my camp anytime sir .(y)(y)

87TT

WKR
I have friends that have been doing "Deer Camp" every year since 1965. They built a cook trailer with a grill, oven, sink, water heater etc. Even if I don't have a tag or hunt, i go stay for a few days each year.

Looks very tasty! I definitely eat better (better meaning better tasting, not necessarily healthier) at hunting camp than I do at home. A favorite in camp that can only be cooked once or twice a year is a bacon grease toasted muffin.

tourproto

FNG
Looks very tasty! I definitely eat better (better meaning better tasting, not necessarily healthier) at hunting camp than I do at home. A favorite in camp that can only be cooked once or twice a year is a bacon grease toasted muffin.

I do bacon grease Texas toast at home all the time. Just don't tell the wife...