Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

CO-AJ

WKR
Anybody know anything about Bear Paw Wilderness designs? http://bearpawwd.com Looks like they will do about anything custom in tents both sil or DCF at a pretty good price. They have numerous offerings, curious about their quality, stormworthiness, etc... They do come in a bit cheaper than SO or HMG and have various nests and they do offer stove jacks.

I’ve got an 8x10 flat tarp from BearPaw and have zero complaints. It was a less expensive option for a general use tarp when 2 of us are on a trip. Quality isn’t quite on par with my Kifaru sheep tarp or Tut but I have no issues with it for my uses or price.

GotDraw?

WKR
I had him make me and brother each a cuben fiber hammock tarp with multiple guyline attachment points so they could easily be used as tarp tents.

Quality work and on-time build/delivery, would hire him again.

JL

JL

Shraggs

WKR
I’ve got an 8x10 flat tarp from BearPaw and have zero complaints. It was a less expensive option for a general use tarp when 2 of us are on a trip. Quality isn’t quite on par with my Kifaru sheep tarp or Tut but I have no issues with it for my uses or price.

I have 10x10 cuben flat tarp. Echo these comments

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
4 years ago, BPD did a custom 1/2 nest with extended bath tub floor surround, full side zip entry for my Kifaru Tut.
Still using it, no problems, very good quality materials & workmanship....

a little more protection while I sleep in early seasons from bugs, snakes and such

OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Ill say thank to all the posts. I find it interesting and wonder if the posters on this thread are new purchases or older purchases. I have read a couple of reviews about terrible customer service and shoddy workmanship. So maybe demand has outpaced manufacturing ability? Interesting.

Laned

WKR
There are a lot more than just a couple negative reviews regarding BPWD with respect to customer service and workmanship. Most of them are in the last several years. Why take a chance when there are plenty of other people who do quality work and will stand behind their products (i.e., work with you to make it right if something is wrong)? I recently inquired into a custom order with him. Long story short, customer service was pretty poor. Started researching him more, saw the plethora of negative reviews, ended up not placing the order and taking my business elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Agree w/ above poster (Laned).

Seems like for every person who is pleased with their work there is one that is not. Being a member of BPL for the last 10+ years I know that community has steered clear.....here is a link regarding BearPaw:

Last edited:
i know this thread is a bit old but have to comment.recently purchased a poly tarp from BearPaw. stitching so so and ok with that but the most disturbing thing is the pet hair and dirt dust lint one side was covered in... yuck!

Attachments

• IMG_1500(1).JPG
    IMG_1500(1).JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1501(1).JPG
    IMG_1501(1).JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 71
I had him put a stove jack in an SL5 for me and currently use one of his Luna 6 tipis. I have had the tipi for 4-5 years in Montana, Colorado and Alaska. No issues. I even had a nest he made me for it. I’ve never had to use the customer service so I can’t comment. FBDBA736-F622-4479-B5F6-6947E9EA4829.jpeg

nickstone

WKR
I have a Luna that I'm very happy with, and John also made me a custom size bathtub floor not too long ago. All communication was excellent and the product was flawless.

they got back to me today after few calls and emails. they are movin to a different shop and things are hectic ... says they usually brush them off.i said it musta been folded on a dirty floor or outside on top of a dead squirrel lol... the tarp looked o.k. in general. area of seam bunching. a note saying it needs seam sealer. they have a 30 days return.all is good if i decide.i googled reviews before buying. some bad some good but thats with anything.

Rockchuck

WKR
I had him make a half nest for a golite sl5 years ago and it was great for the few years i used it before selling the whole setup. Kinda wish i still had it.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I had him put a stove jack in an SL5 for me and currently use one of his Luna 6 tipis. I have had the tipi for 4-5 years in Montana, Colorado and Alaska. No issues. I even had a nest he made me for it. I’ve never had to use the customer service so I can’t comment. View attachment 290246
This makes me want a Luna 6, my LaGarita 3 with the attached vestibule is a vast improvement over the Paratarp with annex I had, but it's still small...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk