Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

CO-AJ

WKR
Anybody know anything about Bear Paw Wilderness designs? http://bearpawwd.com Looks like they will do about anything custom in tents both sil or DCF at a pretty good price. They have numerous offerings, curious about their quality, stormworthiness, etc... They do come in a bit cheaper than SO or HMG and have various nests and they do offer stove jacks.

They made me a custom nest for my entire Redcliff that is perfect for me and my family. Very fair pricing, great work, and very timely. Personally I couldn’t be more pleased with their work. Hoping to have them make me a custom bivy once I get the dimensions figured out.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
OP
CO-AJ

CO-AJ

WKR
Seems like for everyone who is pleased with their work there are those that are not. Being a member of BPL for the last 10+ years I know that community has steered clear.....here is a link regarding BearPaw:
Wow, thanks. Think Ill stick with a SO Cimarron.

Kili2023

FNG
I’ve never reviewed a company before but I have to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from Bear Paw Wilderness Designs and its owner John Stultz. In November 2022 Mr. Stultz stole my $269 North Face Soloist Bivy.

The nightmare started when I asked Mr. Stultz, by email, to quote replacing the top and bottom nylon on my bivy. To quote the job, he first asked me to send photos, then asked me to ship him the bivy. He received my bivy on 10/17/22 by UPS.

By 11/3 I still had no quote from Mr. Stultz and emailed him to return my bivy using my UPS account number. He refused and said “I will just toss the bivy into the trash.”

I called the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office, which polices Wellington, Colorado, and reported the theft to a deputy.

Customers, take your business to Hyperlite or elsewhere. Vendors, if Mr. Stultz will steal from customers, he will steal from you too.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never reviewed a company before but I have to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from Bear Paw Wilderness Designs and its owner John Stultz. In November 2022 Mr. Stultz stole my $269 North Face Soloist Bivy.

The nightmare started when I asked Mr. Stultz, by email, to quote replacing the top and bottom nylon on my bivy. To quote the job, he first asked me to send photos, then asked me to ship him the bivy. He received my bivy on 10/17/22 by UPS.

By 11/3 I still had no quote from Mr. Stultz and emailed him to return my bivy using my UPS account number. He refused and said “I will just toss the bivy into the trash.”

I called the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office, which polices Wellington, Colorado, and reported the theft to a deputy.

Customers, take your business to Hyperlite or elsewhere. Vendors, if Mr. Stultz will steal from customers, he will steal from you too.
Ive written about this in another thread but I didn't have a good experience with Bear Paws either. First tarp I ordered had a hole in it. Sent it back and was sent another which also had a hole in it in a different spot. I was annoyed with the whole process so just fixed the tarp myself. I would also say when I compare the craftsmanship like straight stitching with my buddies kifaru tarp there is a huge difference. I would look elsewhere

rclouse79

WKR
Anybody know anything about Bear Paw Wilderness designs? http://bearpawwd.com Looks like they will do about anything custom in tents both sil or DCF at a pretty good price. They have numerous offerings, curious about their quality, stormworthiness, etc... They do come in a bit cheaper than SO or HMG and have various nests and they do offer stove jacks.
I bought a 10 x 10 tarp they had on sale a couple years ago and am totally happy with it.

BigDog00

WKR
I've had a Luna 2 for about 3 or 4 years that he made a bit bigger for me. It's been a great shelter and I haven't had any issues with it. I've had it out a couple of times in very windy conditions. I thought it may blow away, but everything held up.

sneaky

"DADDY"

One post on here and it's a bad review of a business? Nice. Hope you contribute something other than drive-by reviews with one side of the story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tod osier

WKR
One post on here and it's a bad review of a business? Nice. Hope you contribute something other than drive-by reviews with one side of the story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes and it is a cut and paste I read elsewhere, he is clearly dredging up an old post just to air grievances.

I've got great service from John at Bear Paw over the years.

There has to be more to that story. My guess is there was a dispute over the work/price and who would be paying for the return shipping. Nobody would just say "I'm throwing your stuff in the trash for no reason".

I've purchased from Bear Paw, no issues.

Mods should delete the 1 post trash talking drive by's. They are not credible.

I've made two or three purchases from BPWD and have been pleased every time.